The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i'm going to have £90 to take with me. lol. Just worked it out. Lets hope my loans come straight away... Lets hope!

My overdraft will go straight on paying for my extortionate deposits etc. for accomodation.

By the way, has anyone else had an email saying that it could be another TWO weeks before we here anything about accomodation!?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Your loan will come about a week after you register at Uni.... £90 sounds like three nights out.
IcedT
On the DMU website for Grosvenor House it looks as if it's just a £150 damage deposit (energy included) and a health premium up to £30 depending on the length of your course, where's this rest coming from?

Insurance is £20 pounds, but included in rent for some people.
Hugh Binnie Sick Bay charge (£30 or depends on length of course, but if you are ill you have somewhere to go).
First deposit needs to be paid and cleared before you move in, so either a cheque which has been cleared or credit card (surcharge).
They wont tell you on the website it is when you get the contract and application form. Crap, innit.
However as I have pointed out before when you get a house you have to pay first instalment a few weeks/months before the contract starts on 1st July (most are 52 weeks) so although the last rent is alot smaller then the other two instalments, you need teh rest of the loan to pay for new house deposit and summer rent.
Reply 23
Becky_Sheffield
Your loan will come about a week after you register at Uni.... £90 sounds like three nights out.
3 nights out? where are you planning on going?... £90 is like 7 nights out with £20 change...
Amy
3 nights out? where are you planning on going?... £90 is like 7 nights out with £20 change...

£10 per night out... hardly covers entrance and food... never mind cloak room, drinks etc...

Latest

Trending

Trending