Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I love being on my own. I find it easier to cope with my issues when I don't have people bothering me. It doesn't mean that I don't love my friends though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageGuyOnTheStreet)
    I love being on my own. I find it easier to cope with my issues when I don't have people bothering me. It doesn't mean that I don't love my friends though.
    Shut the **** up literally every one of your posts is self-pitying maybe you wouldn't have so many problems if you realised how luck you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anyway, im quite happy in my own company but im scared that it will start to work against me, especially with starting uni this sept. i just want people's opinions if this is normal and if not, how can i motivate myself to become more social.

thanks x
    i take it you're the chairman? also, is it a PLC? if you don't feel so confident in your own company, it's always worth considering a floatation.

on a serious note, just join a few societies when you get to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margerie Dawes)
    Shut the **** up literally every one of your posts is self-pitying maybe you wouldn't have so many problems if you realised how luck you are.
    So you don't like me. I don't have a problem with that. I was merely stating why I prefer to be on my own.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    anonymous as a lot of my friends view these threads.

i went through a period of time in my last year at school when i wanted to be 100% involved in all plans my friends had made and if i wasnt, i felt left out and unliked. even if i was invited to something but couldn't go, id get really annoyed and upset and feel they were all having an amazing time and i was missing out.

however, since leaving school, whenever plans are made, i often make excuses not to go because i either cant be bothered or don't want to do what they are doing. i also don't get lonely anymore, even if i haven't seen my friends in a few days.

anyway, im quite happy in my own company but im scared that it will start to work against me, especially with starting uni this sept. i just want people's opinions if this is normal and if not, how can i motivate myself to become more social.

thanks x
    I think it's a normal thing as most people feels the same. And me too!! I actually wouldn't mind having friends around at my house to have a chat or watch TV together. I just cant be bothered with going out and all that getting ready and spending money that is unnessessary (sorry can't spell). I have been out with friends less than 5 times during my gap year ...so i think you're ok.

ReputationRep:
    I actually have a fear of being in a big crowd.

There's nothing wrong in enjoying your own company, especially after you spent to much time with your friends. You want your own time to reflect on everything and plan ahead.

ReputationRep:
    There's really nothing wrong with it. It can be especially nice if you've spent several days in the company of friends. Most of last week me and a couple of close friends were in Cornwall, so pretty much together all day for.. five days, and while it was great fun, it's been really nice this past week just sitting at home alone. I've seen friends a couple of times, but mostly I've been at the PC, watching TV/films, or playing games. If I spend too long doing this sort of thing I tend to get a bit of cabin fever, but for now it's a great relief from schedule. I end up spending a lot of time at home most summers really, there's the odd party and obviously get-togethers with friends, but I cherish the opportunity to be free from timetables. In term time, what with school everyday and work at the weekends, it's rare to get time to yourself just to think.
    So no, there's nothing wrong with enjoying your own company. It's very natural, and a great deal healthier than hating yourself.
    Oh dear, I rambled a bit, didn't I? Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    lazyneeeeis

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.