Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you own a watch and if so what one do you own? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Moto 360 Gen 2 Smart Watch

ReputationRep:

I own this gorgeous Tissot Chronograph. It was my first large purchase ever with my own money!
    Went to the airport not intending to get a leather strap, or anything with gold; came out with this gold, white leather and pearl beauty anyway! Must be 4/5 years old now.

I don't wear it too often, but great for dressing up and making an outfit smarter and sharper.

A cheap and fashionable mechanical watch. It makes almost any outfit I wear look dapper.

ReputationRep:
    A 1958 Omega seamaster and a cheap £10 metal Cassio for when I don't want the omega to get dirty / stolen.

I don't see why watches have lost their appeal. A hand made Swiss watch is an honour to own and a pleasure to look after. My omega was £350 used and will probably out-live me. To quote the best watch manufacturer in the world - 'You never really own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation.

ReputationRep:
    Devon Tread 1B Gunmetal

ReputationRep:
    I've got an Oris and an Armarni, looking to get a few more but I'm saving for a new car so that takes priority at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    When I was quite young, I owned either the original or a variant of the Casio F-91W. "I have 2 dollars.... and a Casio". I lost this watch many years ago, but it lasted for somewhere between 7 and 10 years.

I also have a very basic Star Wars watch that I won from an arcade machine at Brighton pier.

The only "fashionable" watch I've owned was a Fossil model my grandmother bought me for my 18th birthday. It doesn't work anymore.

The fake £5 Rolex's that are common at markets abroad are kind of cool IMO.

If people like to wear watches for aesthetic reasons, good for them. I never would. I've always considered watches to be functionally useless long before mobile phones were mainstream. However, I would like to own a pocket watch one day (preferably like the one from For A Few Dollars More). I do like see-through mechanical watches though, they are a thing of beauty.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Casio F-91W but changed the strap to a nylon one as I was allergic to the original. The strap actually cost more than the watch.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Please, go on.
    :toofunny:

(Original post by saladays)
    I have a Waswola Swatch. It's affordable, stands out on my wrist, suits my style and I can actually read the time on it which is the most important thing for me! I hate metal watches, they just look tacky to me for some reason. But I have a plain silver watch for when the Swatch isn't appropriate.
    :five: I have a swatch too bae!:love: we have so much in common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :toofunny:

:five: I have a swatch too bae!:love: we have so much in common
    Soulmates :love: I like yours! I was really tempted to get one of their ridiculous designs where the face is just like abstract art but you literally can't read the time on it. Swatch baes.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  500.2 KB This is mine the name on the watch 'Seksy' is a small brand owned by Sekonda and the colour is rose gold ❤️
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Soulmates :love: I like yours! I was really tempted to get one of their ridiculous designs where the face is just like abstract art but you literally can't read the time on it. Swatch baes.
    fanks! :fan:
    :rofl: ikr! I literally like all their watches
    Only issue with mine atm is the large crack in it!(lookin for the next perfect one lol)
    which one have u got?

ReputationRep:
    fanks! :fan:
    :rofl: ikr! I literally like all their watches
    Only issue with mine atm is the large crack in it!(lookin for the next perfect one lol)
    which one have u got?
    I've never cracked a watch before! I don't know how you manage it

This one! http://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/watches...ola-ls116.html
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've never cracked a watch before! I don't know how you manage it

This one! http://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/watches...ola-ls116.html
    Caught it on a railing when I was running down the stairs at college

OMG I nearly bought that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but i thought it was too red
    Spoiler:
    Show
    red is the colour of the devil salad
    i cannot succumb to it
    :sneakydevil:

ReputationRep:
    Caught it on a railing when I was running down the stairs at college

OMG I nearly bought that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but i thought it was too red
    Spoiler:
    Show
    red is the colour of the devil salad
    i cannot succumb to it
    :sneakydevil:
    You are such a klutz! Then again I broke a bracelet by accidentally hitting the wall with my wrist...?

I like red! It's my favourite colour. So is blue. And black. And white. This watch has it all!

It's hard being an all-green salad, you need red sometimes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You are such a klutz! Then again I broke a bracelet by accidentally hitting the wall with my wrist...?

I like red! It's my favourite colour. So is blue. And black. And white. This watch has it all!

It's hard being an all-green salad, you need red sometimes
    i am a little bit!
    urgh noo! Colour of blood, the devil, liverpool fc, all things bad really :yucky:
    true, perfect one for u I guess
    :rofl: I love a green salad ngl!
    green is my fave colour!

ReputationRep:
    Michael Kors, Fossil, and Guess

To all the people that say they don't see the point in watches, I just feel like they're so classy and it just feels really nice to wear one tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Glycine Stratoforte Chronograph, Orient Mako XL, Christopher Ward C7 Rapide Chronograph Mk II, TW Steel Canteen CS9 Chronograph

Next on my list: TAG Heuer Formula 1 Calibre 16 Chronograph, Alpina Alpiner Automatic 4

ReputationRep:
    I have an automatic Tissot, a Traser and an old Longines as well as a lot of assorted casio watches for sports.

I'd like to get one of those cool Mondaines that pause just before the minute changes, but they're more than double the price of the regular ones for what is essentially a gimmick.

ReputationRep:
    A cheapish Casio digital watch. Never had a problem with the Casio watches. Great for the gym.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.