Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do/would you unfriend someone on FB? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Well thats not very nice is it?Hmm. Mayb u annoyed several people? Were they friends with this certain someone? Maybe they're trying to get back at you for something you've done?
    Well, I really can't think of a reason. I think it's always good to stay in touch. I could not have annoyed them with much and didn't really do anything, we got along the rare occasion we met. Maybe it's because I rarely update my profile. Anyway I was wondering if people are quick to unfriend, I am not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieBlogger)
    Why? I don't get that.
    Because those outlets usually publish content that annoys me, and I'd rather not be annoyed all the time as I scroll through my news feed.

A lot of the time when I disagree with the writer's perspective in any shared article I'd rather argue the point, whatever it is, but either doing so on facebook would have awkward social consequences, in which case I'd rather just not see the content, or the person who shared it isn't worth the effort, in which case I'd rather just not see their content. If they're someone I might actually bump into at some point I'll unfollow; if they're someone, maybe from school, who I'll likely never see or talk to again anyway, I'll unfriend.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AQuestion1)
    Well, I really can't think of a reason. I think it's always good to stay in touch. I could not have annoyed them with much and didn't really do anything, we got along the rare occasion we met. Maybe it's because I rarely update my profile. Anyway I was wondering if people are quick to unfriend, I am not.
    Mayb idk. I'm certainly not quick to unfriend, i'm never on fb itself, only messenger.
    So i unfriend people when i go online on my pc which rarely happens.
    As for other people :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    There was a girl on my facebook who'd recently had a baby and literally posted HOURLY photos and updates constantly. Even prior to the birth she posted a daily countdown and baby bump updates. No exaggeration. Then suddenly it all stopped and I wondered what happened and I realised SHE deleted ME! :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've been unfriended once, by a friend I fell out with. Wasn't even at the time, it was like 2 months later, I think because I didn't wish her a happy birthday, because I noticed it like 2 days after that. But we'd stopped talking for about 2 months anyway during which time she'd ignored me trying to patch it up so assumed she didn't want my birthday wishes anyway

But I've never unfriended anyone myself, just unfollowed an ex so I wouldn't keep seeing stuff on my timeline but didn't have her notice I'd unfriended

ReputationRep:
    I've only unfriended people when I've fallen out with them (which has only been twice since 2007). I don't add/accept requests from random people so never had to do a cull. I've been unfriended but it was by people I went to school with and hadn't spoken to for years so I wasn't bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Yep annoying is the reason why i unfriended someone. as lovely as she was she wouldn't leave me alone. constant messages and would demand a reply. if i went a few days without writing to her she'd write to my other friends asking about me. 'is she ok, has she written to you recently because she won't reply to me. can you ask her why...' complete stalker!

ReputationRep:
    I've been unfriended by a few..probably because I share lots of things...religious things...but I don't care if people unfriend me for that!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.