Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    guys before you get your hopes up, you don't get the actual percentages of the papers or coursework, you just get a grade on the 7 point scale.
    It's alright. That still sounds good and realistic.

Haha that's one dedicated IBC lc. I want a robot IBC too! :p: Oh wait, I already wanted to have your IBC once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    It's alright. That still sounds good and realistic.

Haha that's one dedicated IBC lc. I want a robot IBC too! :p: Oh wait, I already wanted to have your IBC once.
    :wtf?:
    weirdo:poke:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    My university confirmed my place based on an email, so I wasted 40 dollars sending my results to them expedited! It still hasn't changed on UCAS, though, and I think UCAS never sent off my IB results.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my result's breakdown today..and I can't decide.

ReputationRep:
    my IBC sent them to me by email. and I even got the marks.
    and I AM PISSED!!!!!!!! they downgraded my Bio SL IA from 44 to 29!? WTF!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agniya)
    My university confirmed my place based on an email, so I wasted 40 dollars sending my results to them expedited! It still hasn't changed on UCAS, though, and I think UCAS never sent off my IB results.
    The person I spoke to at Edinburgh Uni said that UCAS have been 'experiencing technical difficulties' with sending the results to universities, so they hadn't received anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver_charm)
    I've got my result's breakdown today..and I can't decide.
    No way:eek: the Bible says 15th July, how did you get it so early?

@Chocolate: I am Aimee-kins now :hugs: I did seriously consider stalking and banging on his door to beg (in tears of course, otherwise with sharp knives). But let's just see how it goes on monday, bummer if I get some sort of criminal record before starting uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    Some poor people are still waiting for their final grade. The missing results have been promised for late tomorrow afternoon. The whole IB computer system crashed this week so the breakdown will definitely not come until earliest the 16th.
    Quite honestly, I think missing results should take priority over grade breakdowns at this point. It has been a very long week.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: silver charm! we're all going to kill you:evil:

I want my breakdown now:bawling:

Spoiler:
    Show
    not mental, the grades ones:p:

ReputationRep:
    My coordinator is a b******... She completely ignores my e-mails and doesn't answer her cell. I do really need the breakdown since some of my grades are negatively surprising. As I'm reading TSR, I can see that your coordinators are devoted to you and well-qualified, I regret the day when I entered that crappy school:mad: , regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Jane_Gray)
    My coordinator is a b******... She completely ignores my e-mails and doesn't answer her cell. I do really need the breakdown since some of my grades are negatively surprising. As I'm reading TSR, I can see that your coordinators are devoted to you and well-qualified, I regret the day when I entered that crappy school:mad: , regards
    oh my, a rant:eek:
    I'm sorry;console;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Aimee-)
    No way:eek: the Bible says 15th July, how did you get it so early?
    probably because I'm an atheist :P

emm...now should I refrain from moaning and ranting the grades till u guys got yours?

(Original post by ~Lc~)
    :eek: silver charm! we're all going to kill you:evil:

I want my breakdown now:bawling:

Spoiler:
    Show
    not mental, the grades ones:p:
    haha...don't kill me! I am still quite young, y'know... and it'll just be 3 more days! it's not that long, y'know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Jane_Gray)
    I'm sorry to hear that. but I think you'll be able to have your breakdown of grades soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lc~)
    sorry I really thought that's what my IBC meant I shouldn't have assumed things:p:
    and what's with all the IBCs and holidays! my IBC is a robot! I've never heard of her going on vacation since I've met her 4 years ago! (she was our IGCSE and A-levels coordinator then).
    There should be a rule for IBCs in the vade Mecuum stating "if you take the job, DON'T GO ON HOLIDAYS!"
    would be appropriate imo :p:
    Sorry, I assumed your IBC was a HE.

Don't know why, mine is a woman too.

ReputationRep:
    I knew it was today somehow...:p:

I am soooo annoyed, cos it's the coursework that's brought my grade down from a 7 to a 6 in both English and Geography:mad: In English, I wrote straight 7's in both papers (24/25 for drama ), but my world lit was 19/40:rolleyes:
    In Geography, same story, 7's in both papers, 11:eek: /30 for cw, on which I spent about 50hrs:eek:

AAAAAAND you can't even get cw remarked:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver_charm)
    haha...don't kill me! I am still quite young, y'know... and it'll just be 3 more days! it's not that long, y'know...
    :hmmmm: in internet forum words, 3 days is too long
    (Original post by inquirer132)
    Sorry, I assumed your IBC was a HE.

Don't know why, mine is a woman too.
    lol yea I saw that you did, but I didn't bring it up because didn't want to make a fuss about it:p:

I can't imagine a dude as an IBC, it's just the job is perfect for my IBC so I can't imagine anyone else doing it:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agniya)
    Yes people, I would like to make all of you aware that UCAS might screw up and not send your results to your universities. It has been a week since mine were "sent off" but nothing has arrived yet. I emailed my IBC and he said he would send an email attachment with my results to the university.
    I encourage you all to email your universities and ask for a confirmation that they have received your results. Hurry!
    Seriously though, what horrible service I have experienced while doing the IB:

1. Wrong history paper
    2. IB results not available online (and they are still not available)
    3. IB results not being sent off.

/Rant

ReputationRep:
    no fair!! aimee wants grades too

on a different note, IBCs have no gender. they are extra terrestial beings sent down to earth for operation IB, or BI (brain insult)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Aimee-)
    or BI (brain insult)
    More like brain implosion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    guys before you get your hopes up, you don't get the actual percentages of the papers or coursework, you just get a grade on the 7 point scale.
    Don't think so ;no;

That is unless they specifically state that you are close to a boundary because my teachers have said that they will judge by if you're a couple of 'marks' off a boundary which would suggest you get marks as opposed to grades.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.