Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have a group of 12 male friends from school then our larger group including girls of around 25, I'd say I only like 3 of 12 guys and only good friends with 2. Then 2 guys on my course at uni, one from when I studied in London I still talk to regularly and my girlfriend who I'd say is my only really close friend. Then one or two people from London I speak to occasionally, and another 8-10 people from London I would see if I went down to visit.

So I'll say 1 really close friend, 5 strong friends. Up to 20 in total if including okay friends and up to 30-40 if including acquaintances.

But people I'd actually talk to on a regular basis, we'll go with 6

ReputationRep:
    about 5 in real life
    and a few dozen business associates I can be social with

ReputationRep:
    I've 4 best friends
    *half a dozen really really close friends
    And some friends who are just close but I'm not extremely close with *
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    and you trust theese people more even though you dont know them aswell
    Trust is perhaps the wrong word. Perceive as better people is more accurate. But by extension that would include things like trust and reliance. For example I'd trust a bunch of people on TSR not to let me down, more so than I'd trust "friends" who have let me down numerous times. It's really a perception thing I guess.

ReputationRep:
    My definition of 'friend' has changed quite a lot in the last few years.

Probably two. Four, if I'm being very generous.

The rest are acquaintances.

I have several friends but when I exclude those off the internet it would probably be a grand total of 1

ReputationRep:
    I have two friends, one who goes to a different college and the other we only became friends because we we didn't want to be alone at college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Oh right, i didnt understand the way you phrased it.

But im super quiet in person and people dont like that. So they all ditch me because of my intorverted nature!
    And my looks arent very good so that doesnt help, people cant be seen with people who are bad looking here either.
    So ive got no hope of even having a convo with someone, let alone becoming friends with them!
    then you need to go out more and be extroverted if you ever want to get a gf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How many best friends?
    How many close friends?
    How many of them are just friends you rarely talk to?
    I have 5 close friends and maybe 5 other friends from work etc. who I'm not that close to, but I'd still call a friend.

ReputationRep:
    then you need to go out more and be extroverted if you ever want to get a gf

It's easier said than done man!!
    It's nice to know I can't get one being introverted! Thanks for the encouragement, not!

ReputationRep:
    How many best friends?
    How many close friends?
    I have 2 best friends, about 5 or 6 close friends and many more random friends who I like to hang out with. I don't really have friends who I "rarely talk to", or else we just wouldn't be friends I guess..

ReputationRep:

It's easier said than done man!!
    It's nice to know I can't get one being introverted! Thanks for the encouragement, not!
    i didnt mean in that way, my apologies
    it would be easier to get a gf if your more social and extroverted

ReputationRep:
    i didnt mean in that way, my apologies
    it would be easier to get a gf if your more social and extroverted
    Oh ok, no worries then. I apologize for snapping.
    Yeah that's very true. I did cold approach my last crush, which amazed me. But yeah extroversion is super hard for me but Im working on it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, no worries then. I apologize for snapping.
    Yeah that's very true. I did cold approach my last crush, which amazed me. But yeah extroversion is super hard for me but Im working on it.
    good luck on it

and also you dont have to become extroverted, there are many introverts that are happy the way they are

ReputationRep:
    How many best friends?
    How many close friends?
    Three best friends, who I've known since nursery school.

Six close friends, i.e. friend I trust and feel I can talk to about stuff.

Then I'd say a dozen other people I consider friends, i.e. we'll hang out and stuff, but I wouldn't necessarily talk to them or ask their advice about things.

Anyone else is just a 'mate' or an acquaintance.

ReputationRep:
    How many best friends?
    How many close friends?
    Currently - I have 1 best friend
    Close friends - I'd say about 6 or 7
    And the friends that I have that I rarely talk to - about 100 :lol: I'm just a very social person but I can't possibly have 100 close friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This summer I found out I had none 😂 Seriously I only have one and she's on holiday... so lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Currently - I have 1 best friend
    Close friends - I'd say about 6 or 7
    And the friends that I have that I rarely talk to - about 100 :lol: I'm just a very social person but I can't possibly have 100 close friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omdays so like me as well looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humerak786)
    Omdays so like me as well looool
    Lol, finally,someone who gets it. Do you ever get that moment where you're walking from A to B in school/college/whatever and you're walking with a friend but then you also bump into about 20 people :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    best friends-3 close friend-1, just friends many

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.