Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone hope the EU punishes Britain for Brexit Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I hope the EU is as harsh as possible to Britain over Brexit, there must be no compromise on freedom of movement if Britain wants single market access. In fact in many ways I think the EU shouldn't give us access to the single market at all so all the Brexiteers can go and act out their idiotic Empire fantasy and realise what an irrelevant and pointless country the UK is on the world stage without the EU. I would not blame the EU at all for showing the UK what it is really like to "have their independence back".

Hopefully after a few years when the public gets it into their head that Britain has become a third world country without the EU, then they'll decide to join again, putting the EU in a great position to make sure this Brexit nonsense is gone for good by making us join the schengen area and adopt the Euro.
    Yes, and I hope that in your little fantasy world that you are the first person to lose your job.

Enjoy screwing yourself over because you're bitter about losing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    From what i've learnt of the Norway deal we're actually not aloud better trade agreements with other nations than we are the EU so actually i'm coming to the view that we might have to leave the single market if we're really to make the best of Brexit.
    Yes that seems to be the state of play unless we can get an exception which I doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't because I'm not a giant quisling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I wish we could deport people who wish harm on our country which you just specifically did.
    I agree, let's deport everyone who voted for Brexit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    From what i've learnt of the Norway deal we're actually not aloud better trade agreements with other nations than we are the EU so actually i'm coming to the view that we might have to leave the single market if we're really to make the best of Brexit.
    Don't think so. I'd be interested to see a source for this, anyway. We'd be outside of the common trade policy, and so EU law couldn't have that effect. I don't know on what basis the EU could seek to control our external trade policy in such a circumstance.

This is the most detailed summary of the different brexit scenarios I've seen, and it makes no mention of such a constraint.

https://www.slaughterandmay.com/medi...membership.pdf

Under this model, EU policies not covered by the EEA Agreement would no longer apply to the UK. For example, the UK would no longer be subject to EU rules on agricultural and fisheries policy, the customs union, common trade policy, or common foreign and security policy, and would have the freedom to set its own VAT regime. The UK would be free to set its own laws in these areas...

In terms of trade with third parties, the UK would no longer be covered by trade agreements entered into by the EU (such as the TTIP agreement in negotiation with the US), but could join the existing EFTA trade agreements
    That said I myself think that leaving the single market is at this point desirable and arguably, given the emphasis on immigration in the referendum, necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I agree, let's deport everyone who voted for Brexit!
    Deport the majority of UK voters... Where, exactly?

More like we should deport anybody who does not agree with the concept of democracy to the EU where they seem to be struggling with that concept also. Eyyy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    More like we should deport anybody who does not agree with the concept of democracy to the EU where they seem to be struggling with that concept also. Eyyy.
    Are you offering to pay for me to move to a better country? I'd love that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the EU will pay for that one... I believe they're accepting economic refugees from pretty much anywhere these days...

I hear swimming pools in Germany are quite nice this time of year

ReputationRep:
    Why would you wish harm on your country? Wtf is wrong with you.

ReputationRep:
    No, because there is absolutely 0 logic in hoping a country in which you live and intend to continue living in is 'punished' by the EU even if you did not agree with the result of the referendum. And if you're one of the infinite number of people loudly moaning about how much they hate it here and want to live somewhere else, why not just do yourself (and everyone else who is going to stay here) a favour and go already while you still can? Makes no sense to me, unless of course you just want something to complain about.

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking about how it had been a while since we've seen one of OP's insane clickbait rants..

ReputationRep:
    Everyone hates on the BNP but they would've paid £50K plus money for dependants for immigrants and their children to go home permanently. Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure that's going to happen. But there's certainly a great deal of delusion about what the UK is going to become now that it is no longer 'run by the EU' such as a deal entirely favourable to the UK, the entire world lining up desperate to do trade with a tiny island whose economic growth prospects are in question, the 2nd British Empire (Would love to see the UK actually try this. The inevitable retaliation would bring some people down a peg or two).

That said I'm sure the BNP once had a policy of offering £10,000 to every non-white person to voluntarily leave the UK. If the Gov put the figure up to £50,000, There may be quite a few remainers taking up the offer (but then the white remainers could justifiably claim discrimination if they didn't get the same offer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I hope the EU is as harsh as possible to Britain over Brexit, there must be no compromise on freedom of movement if Britain wants single market access. In fact in many ways I think the EU shouldn't give us access to the single market at all so all the Brexiteers can go and act out their idiotic Empire fantasy and realise what an irrelevant and pointless country the UK is on the world stage without the EU. I would not blame the EU at all for showing the UK what it is really like to "have their independence back".

Hopefully after a few years when the public gets it into their head that Britain has become a third world country without the EU, then they'll decide to join again, putting the EU in a great position to make sure this Brexit nonsense is gone for good by making us join the schengen area and adopt the Euro.
    Upset over the referendum result so you become suicidal. why would you want to jeopardise your future even more just because you disagree with the referendum result. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I wish we could deport people who wish harm on our country which you just specifically did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go live in North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Interesting username for the thread starter imo

The first bit is debatable. The second bit sounds about right
    Lol no its not. Anyone predicting disaster literally knows nothing, they are just as ignorant as any xenophobic racist

ReputationRep:
    Rofl, what the hell is that OP?

Gotta punish those cheeky brits for their democratic decision. Unacceptable outcome.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if it makes the OP feel any better, HTC are now charging £70 extra for the Vive.

ReputationRep:
    This thread reminds me of those frustrated kids who say 'I hope you die' or 'I hope you get cancer' when they can't get their way.

ReputationRep:
    no they shouldn't
    hopefully we'll help America with another Iraq and trump will nuke europe for us simple

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.