Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think you need 100 credits to pass the year, but the final grade includes all modules from the year.

ReputationRep:
    Woooooooooo Hoooohoooohoooooo!!!!! I'm On A First! :d

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea...why have you all already found out and i havent???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_greeny)
    Woooooooooo Hoooohoooohoooooo!!!!! I'm On A First! :d
    Business Strategy work out okay for you in the end?

Got more 1st modules than anything else, but my crappy modules put my average at 65%. But seeing as how I thought I'd only just scrape a 2:1, I'm happy enough with that.

ReputationRep:
    I passed first year chem eng thats all I care about, WOOOOO!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Business Strategy work out okay for you in the end?

Got more 1st modules than anything else, but my crappy modules put my average at 65%. But seeing as how I thought I'd only just scrape a 2:1, I'm happy enough with that.

Ended up with 65% for Bus, which i'm pretty pleased with considering how badly the exam went!! I reckon they must've bumped marks up, because i haven't a clue how their marking scheme looked with those random marks every where! How did you get on with everything else? Did you do FEM or composites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_greeny)
    Ended up with 65% for Bus, which i'm pretty pleased with considering how badly the exam went!! I reckon they must've bumped marks up, because i haven't a clue how their marking scheme looked with those random marks every where! How did you get on with everything else? Did you do FEM or composites?
    72% on Business, but didn't do FEM or composites. 78% for Mech Vib and 80% for CFD2 which were my good options this semester. 47% for Engines 'cause the exam was nasty. It was the 30 credit Vehicle Design module being 46% that kinda spoiled things!

ReputationRep:
    i dont have my results yet i know people that do sports science with maths and chemistry that have their results but i do straight sports science and dont have mine, its not fair! i built myself up to looking at them this morning and they werent there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    72% on Business, but didn't do FEM or composites. 78% for Mech Vib and 80% for CFD2 which were my good options this semester. 47% for Engines 'cause the exam was nasty. It was the 30 credit Vehicle Design module being 46% that kinda spoiled things!

Ah, thats a shame on the vehicle design front. I got 82 overall for Mech Vib, our ac design was a little disappointing considering the effort we put in so we're enquiring into that one, since our housemates who put jack all work in got 4% lower than us, so we're a little dubious about our mark, maybe they just got lucky or we missed something.

Ah well you're in with a shot on the £200 then! haha!! i'll be interested to see what the maximum mark is actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lisa86)
    i dont have my results yet i know people that do sports science with maths and chemistry that have their results but i do straight sports science and dont have mine, its not fair! i built myself up to looking at them this morning and they werent there

Thats a similar case for us, because the guys who were finalists on the 3 year course got theirs about a week and a half ago, where as we had to wait to get ours, because of one extra module. Rubbish really!

ReputationRep:
    Woo I passed! Even with evil electronics multiple-guess paper! But from the looks of it about 40% of the course failed :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Well done Martin!

ReputationRep:
    Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memphis)
    But from the looks of it about 40% of the course failed :eek:
    Ouch:eek:

ReputationRep:
    My dad called me up and said i had two resits, but just seen my results... i didn't fail anything else So just the one resit, woo!! And when i've passed that i'll have an average of 2.2 which is awesomeage for me!!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if you have resits? If I have any should I have received mail or an email about it?

I think ive passed the first year, got above 40% for all but 2 modules, they were both above 30 though. Hopefully I dont have to revise again

ReputationRep:
    You won't have any resists then =) Resists are only if you get under 30% or don't have enough credits.

ReputationRep:
    When you get your results in the post there will be a nice big FAIL written somewhere - that's how you know you have resits... lol

But yeah you've passed, congrats!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    So they do use fail, as opposed to "has not achieved the required standard of certification" or whatever rubbish they decided on to stop hurt feelings?

Anyhow, congrats to everyone on their results! This is (hopefully, A-level results permitting) going to be me this time next year... quite scary. Seems like it's a lifetime away, but it's really not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memphis)
    Woo I passed! Even with evil electronics multiple-guess paper! But from the looks of it about 40% of the course failed :eek:
    Congrats Martin!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.