Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREXIT: Has anyone changed their mind? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you changed your mind on Brexit?
    No- I haven't changed my mind.
    90.77%
    Yes, voted leave, but now I want to stay.
    4.62%
    Yes, voted stay, now I want to leave
    4.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Appeal to authority and noty even a very good one given the vast majority voting in those places are...ummm....not professors or students at the universities, but hey, I guess you know the population of these cities better than the people who have spent significant portions of their life there and have grown up around the dunces that also call those cities home :rolleyes:
    Interesting that you do not accept that academics and experts overwhelmingly are for REMAIN....

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...ff-back-remain

"
    Nearly 90 per cent of those working in UK higher education will vote Remain in the European Union referendum, while 40 per cent say that they are more likely to leave the country in the event of a Brexit, a Times Higher Education survey suggests.
    "

That is so weird, you're so besotted with BREXIT you appear to have blinded yourself to reality...

Bottom line is you want to take away from ME and EVERYONE in the UK this
    https://www.gov.uk/working-abroad/overview

Surely that is a kind of theft?

Why do you want to take this from me?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Interesting that you do not accept that academics and experts overwhelmingly are for REMAIN....

"
    Nearly 90 per cent of those working in UK higher education will vote Remain in the European Union referendum, while 40 per cent say that they are more likely to leave the country in the event of a Brexit, a Times Higher Education survey suggests.
    "

That is so weird, you're so besotted with BREXIT you appear to have blinded yourself to reality...

"Experts" and academics are not what you cited though, you cited groups that are broadly demographically in the pro Remain camp and in the so called traitor belt. If you want to take your political advice from university campuses I'm sure you're in favour of a Stalinist police state, or do you only listen to them to convince yourself Britain is doomed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Polls suggest that one million people want to change their vote from Leave to Remain

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7105116.html
    Or is it one million remainers pretended they voted leave to get a re run of the referendum, Would not surprise me.

ReputationRep:

"
    "

Most of the people who voted remain done it for their own financial gain, expert opinions was brought and paid for by the government in a hope to draw up support for the remain campaign, more people was concerned about mass immigration then the money in their pocket and i was one of them. With your question about working abroad, the vast majority of British people will never work abroad in their lives, there is record employment in Britain as it is and jobs are still being created instead of whining about leaving the EU apply for a job in England and get one here it really isn't that hard

We have a negative trade balance with the European union, we import 23 billion more than what we export to the EU, it is unlikely they will close the door on us, For example the 2 big German car manufacturers Volkswagen and BMW sell around a million cars here a year and if the EU smashes tariffs on us we can do the same to them that will make it very expensive for British people to buy German cars jobs will be lost abroad and EU economies will retract- this will cause a chain reaction and other nations will leave the EU.

The media have a lot to answer for by putting a negative rhetoric on any news they can relate to the EU just to create an headline and to try and worry people, probably because all of the media outlets benefited from being in the EU. At the end of the day if leave lost Brexiteers still would not be going on about it, just accept the result and move on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    I didn't vote at all, I knew Brexit was going to win, and if we had another vote next week I still wouldn't vote because Brexit would win again by a larger margin.

The tipping point is because of the instability in Europe brought about by migrants, people of African and Arab decent, committing disproportionate levels of crime and terrorism, turning the parts of Europe and the UK they occupy into mini African/Sharia states with all the trimmings.it's gotten worse since Brexit and it'll continue to get worse as the weeks/months/years go by.

It's now past the point where the authorities can brush it under the rug, people don't care that 'institutional racism' is causing blacks to commit the majority of crimes wherever they go, people don't care that global warming is causing Muslim to commit terrorist acts. What people care about is being able to go to work without getting mugged, people care about their children being able to get the bus to school without being raped or blown up.
    I've reported this post as being offensive due to discrimination - this line in particular I found offensive:

"
    people don't care that 'institutional racism' is causing blacks to commit the majority of crimes wherever they go,
    "
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RuWill2001)
    Has anyone changed their mind on Brexit?

Perhaps the state of the pound has made you change from leave to remain. Or the actions of the Bank of England have made you change from remain to leave.
    No because life isn't full of fulfilled long term promises.

ReputationRep:
    I've not changed my mind insofar as I still think a Remain vote would've been the best option for the UK. But I accept the result, and support making it work as best we can. There's very little point in the "I told you so" attitudes of some Remainers, or indeed the horrendous rubbish that floated around following the vote, suggesting Leavers were all idiots and old people are scumbags robbing us of our future. I had absolutely no time for that and thought it was a terribly poor show from people who should know better.

Get on with it, have a serious discussion over how we see our future relationship with Europe and realise the opportunities that this creates. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    No, I have not changed my mind!

Fk the pound scare and fk what the Bank of England thinks.
    Yes, I'm sure the PhD economists from top unis know far less than you aboutwhats best for the economy

ReputationRep:
    no i am more convinced than ever that the Susan Boyle/James Last fans have ruined this country's prospects for the next century.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by futureteach21)
    Yes, I'm sure the PhD economists from top unis know far less than you aboutwhats best for the economy
    The only people who know less about the economy than politicians are econonists, the simplest proof economists have no clue is that if they did they wouldn't be econonists, they'd be on their private island in the Caribbean with a different yacht for each day of the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter we're staying in anyway. May only has to stall triggering article 50 until april 2017 in which case then other countries decide whether to let Britain leave. Very cunning.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...-EU-referendum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxyMoron95)
    The EU is a racist organisation. A 'white' homeless man from Poland... Sure. A doctor from India or Thailand... Nope.
    So I guess you are welcoming all the homeless refugees form Syria with open arms?

ReputationRep:
    We havent even left the EU yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemomeimpunit1)
    It doesn't matter we're staying in anyway. May only has to stall triggering article 50 until april 2017 in which case then other countries decide whether to let Britain leave. Very cunning.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...-EU-referendum
    The British people have made their decision and there is no way going back(I am a remain supporter and a British/German dual national). It is a decision that everyone has to accept and live with. I believe Theresa May will keep to her words.

There is no point looking back at seeing what the referendum result would have been like if it was today etc. We all must be on the same page and must be looking forward to the future.

Though we should no longer be part of the European Union we still must be a strong ally to western Europe especially in this current time.

ReputationRep:
    We came. We saw. We (Br)exited.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.