Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims will be banned from the US if Trump becomes president Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Would British Muslims be banned too?

Because I really really want to to work in New York after I graduate. I'm not wearing headscarf in my passport photo if that helps!
    Forget it. Be yourself. It isnt going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I agree that America's problem with guns needs to be dealt with head on before anything can happen, then again, was not one of the recent attacks in Germany committed with guns? In a country whose gun laws are are as stringent as our own? I personally think the ideal happy medium would be something like the Switzerland system. Not as strict as British laws, but then again allowing people with a criminal record to get their hands on guns without doing a background check is foolhardy.

The problem is not the people themselves because obviously we know its only a minority who does crap like this, but we need to start monitoring what mosque's preach more closely imo. Sharia law courts should be banned and mosque's put under the close supervision of the security services. That was whenever we can spot a Islamic hate preacher we can get him deported or otherwise silenced. Of course, that would need our full national powers back and even with Brexit its looking like we'll remain in the EEA so I don't see that happening any time soon
    Im not sure if Germanys gun laws are as strict as our own but we are massively helped by being surrounded by water

Yes much needs to be done but i look forward to the "moderate" muslims reaction to someone proposing that

ReputationRep:
    No they won't; Trump is saying that nonsense to rile up and excite his least intelligent voters. It would be a foreign relations suicide, as it would damage America's relationship with certain Muslim countries that is required for economic reasons. What is he gong to do after that? Invade them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Would British Muslims be banned too?

Because I really really want to to work in New York after I graduate. I'm not wearing headscarf in my passport photo if that helps!
    Say you are not muslim. And that is the flaw in trumps lol ban all muslims plan i alluded too

ReputationRep:
    its a nonsense. a popularist publicity stunt to ride on the current topical problems going on in the world with islamist groups. He wouldnt actually ban all muslims, there may well be higher scrutiny in checkpoints and by authorities etc but then you could argue thats going to happen globally anyway due to the lase few decades of rising islamist spread.

ReputationRep:
    How is America gona suck that petro $$ from Saudi? Unless trump is planning to invade a couple of countries or has figured out a couple of new renewable resources.

ReputationRep:
    Trump is taking out of his behind as usual, hes got tons of investments in China and the middle east, he is not going to jeopardise them by being a **** to Muslims or the Chinese.

He is all bluster and talking down to the dumbasses that will vote for him thinking he is going to get tough on them, he won't, he is a business man first and president second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraixo)
    How is America gona suck that petro $$ from Saudi? Unless trump is planning to invade a couple of countries or has figured out a couple of new renewable resources.
    As if middle-easterners can afford to hold the world's superpower(or wealthy states in general) to economic ransom...I mean it's not like their entire economic ascension can be credited to the sheer luck of their natural resources or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P357)
    As if middle-easterners can afford to hold the world's superpower(or wealthy states in general) to economic ransom...I mean it's not like their entire economic ascension can be credited the sheer luck of their natural resources or anything.
    Well, they did before:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis
    https://history.state.gov/milestones...76/oil-embargo

ReputationRep:
    Poor comparison considering the magnanimity of the arab world's recent boom, courtesy of their oil exports. I wonder how well a potential decision to fast-track back into third-world living standards would be taken by your average Saudi civilian. Regardless, even if they did choose to commit economic suicide(i.e. cutting ties with the us,and potentially the rest of the western world by proxy), US dependence on Arab oil has been decreasing rapidly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P357)
    As if middle-easterners can afford to hold the world's superpower(or wealthy states in general) to economic ransom...I mean it's not like their entire economic ascension can be credited to the sheer luck of their natural resources or anything.
    The oil producing states can bankrupt the US in an instant if they switch the currency oil is bought in from dollars to Euros.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.