Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dos and Don'ts when it come to texting girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    TSR isn't a good place to ask this question.

Ask your mates who get lots of girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    seriously what is it with guys doing that?! 5 seconds into the conversation and they send me several **** pics that i didn't ask for! ffs we're not men, we don't get turned on by the site of your wrinkly, tiny cocks. in fact if its too small we show it to our friends and have a good laugh!

STOP. SENDING. ****. PICS. MEN!!! unless she asks for them...
    Do you really think it's okay to show private photos, presumably sent to you in confidence, to your friends?

Think how you'd feel if someone shared photos of you with all their mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How many sentences do you try to stick to? 1 or 2?

If the girl is responding with texts that are 4/5 lines long so I stick to 1 or 2 lines or do I start to make my texts a bit longer?
    Always match her, maybe a little less at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    yo
    http://ctworkingmoms.com/wp-content/...this-to-me.gif

ReputationRep:
    its annoying af when a male sends a reply that says 'hehe'
    like no. man the **** up
    hehe is not cute

ReputationRep:
    http://66.media.tumblr.com/91d706204...11ovo2_250.gifhttp://67.media.tumblr.com/432bf2c3c...11ovo1_250.gifhttp://66.media.tumblr.com/85e16d5ce...11ovo4_250.gifhttp://66.media.tumblr.com/46c3d0280...11ovo3_250.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Dont be a f*uckboy
    What is a Fboy???????????????????????????? ????????????////

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    its annoying af when a male sends a reply that says 'hehe'
    like no. man the **** up
    hehe is not cute
    hehe
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah, hehe only works if it's already in the bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Miracle)
    hehe
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah, hehe only works if it's already in the bag
    even if my bf hehe'd id cringe like f

Under no circumstances use the aubergine emoticon. It has hidden meanings...

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell her your on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Don't always reply with one word answers or short phrases like "yeah" "I'm sorry" "oh right" because it means the girl will have to find something else to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3110)
    Do you really think it's okay to show private photos, presumably sent to you in confidence, to your friends?

Think how you'd feel if someone shared photos of you with all their mates.
    serves them right. don't send me pics i didn't ask for and i won't show them to anyone

ReputationRep:
    Idk about other girls but if I reply with just okay/ok/cool/fine/whatever then don't bother replying cos I cba to talk to you.

(Original post by shawtyb)
    its annoying af when a male sends a reply that says 'hehe'like no. man the **** uphehe is not cute
    OMG YESSSSSSSS TAKE NOTE GUYS PLS

ReputationRep:
    No matter how many times people tell you it doesn't matter, don't insta reply all the time, try leave hour+ gaps between texts (women will always say they like instant replies and nice guys, psychology proves otherwise).

I can guarantee you if they're texting 2 people and the other is texting her a lot while your leaving it a bit at a time she will be drawn to your texts more than his.

As others have also said try keep it one or two sentences, too little and they don't think your interested or just dumb, too much and they will get bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Idk about other girls but if I reply with just okay/ok/cool/fine/whatever then don't bother replying cos I cba to talk to you.

OMG YESSSSSSSS TAKE NOTE GUYS PLS
    I'll put plenty more hehehe's in then.

Nothing worse than an uptight girl who can't have a laugh and applies masculine notions to a few words.

Coming from a gal who says cba xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Avoid "send me a pic"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try "**** pic for Nip pic"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I'll be plenty more hehehe's in then.

Nothing worse than an uptight girl who can't have a laugh and applies masculine notions to a few words.

Coming from a gal who says cba xD
    What's wrong with cba? 🤔

"Gal" oh myyyyyy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Don't reply with one word answers or short phrases like "yeah" "I'm sorry" "oh right" because it means the girl will have to find something else to talk about.
    Come on now, that's just being lazy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Come on now, that's just being lazy...
    I know someone that always replies with short texts. I don't mind coming up with other stuff to talk about but if that happens too often then that's just annoying

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.