Turn on thread page Beta

A few things I need clearing up.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpinkuk)
    Bored of killing people! Is that possible? AK seems to me to be one of the better things about having a wand

As for the first bit, yes that's what I meant. The Potters knew Wormtail was their secret keeper, and that it wasn't Sirius. In response to:
    Did they know?

ReputationRep:
    Bored of killing people! Is that possible? AK seems to me to be one of the better things about having a wand
    Think of it like this.

You are an evil super villian bent on world domination, know you could kill everyone that comes your way but sometimes you do get bored of just pulling out a gun and shooting them. So you come up with other ways to ammuse yourself, like in James Bond where they did the laser up his crouch.

ReputationRep:
    Random question lol but does Hagrid know about Sirius being good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou_)
    Random question lol but does Hagrid know about Sirius being good?
    There is a breif mention of Sirius in the first book by Hagird as to having borrowed his flying motorbike (which is going to return in DH) so at the time of the attack, Hagrid thought Sirius was good.

Then he believed like the rest of the world that he betrayed the Potters and hated his guts and felt that he could have done something about it since he was the last person to see him before he went after Wormtail.

He obviously knows the truth now since he is in the Order.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The answer to the original question can be found somewhere on Accio Quote!, in JK's own words.
    If I can remember where, I'll link to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathly Hallows)
    Did they know?
    They'd have to for practical reasons, perhaps even for making the spell. Surely they would have had to have made him their Secret Keeper? Plus if they wanted anyone to come to their house they would have to get Wormtail to tell them where it was.

You are an evil super villian bent on world domination, know you could kill everyone that comes your way but sometimes you do get bored of just pulling out a gun and shooting them. So you come up with other ways to ammuse yourself, like in James Bond where they did the laser up his crouch.
    Pulling a gun maybe, but blowing them up in a jet of green light, nah. Plus its a little more important than a random killing spree. They are trying to get V the 'secret weapon', the power of knowledge of how he can defeat Harry and take over the world. You'd think they'd be a little more careful than playing with the kids for their own amusement.

ReputationRep:
    I think he means the Potters thought their Secret Keeper was Sirius and not Peter. But then, surely they would have known who their Keeper was
    But they did, Sirius got them to change it to Peter at the last mintute......People like Hargid and the likes were the ones that didn't know...the Potters were aware..

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished rereading GoF and Voldemort uses Harry's blood and this means the protection Lily gave Harry when she died for him is broken as Voldemort is able to touch Harry's face at the graveyard.
    But then how come Harry is still protected when he stays at the Dursley's?

ReputationRep:
    Pulling a gun maybe, but blowing them up in a jet of green light, nah. Plus its a little more important than a random killing spree. They are trying to get V the 'secret weapon', the power of knowledge of how he can defeat Harry and take over the world. You'd think they'd be a little more careful than playing with the kids for their own amusement.
    The jet of green light is the wizard equiverlant of pulling out a gun. And think about all the different types of guns there are, all the different power levels.

You'd get bored of the green light before you got bored of shooting people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irish-Jojo)
    But they did, Sirius got them to change it to Peter at the last mintute......People like Hargid and the likes were the ones that didn't know...the Potters were aware..
    See my post above...

(Original post by Dude)
    The jet of green light is the wizard equiverlant of pulling out a gun. And think about all the different types of guns there are, all the different power levels.

You'd get bored of the green light before you got bored of shooting people.
    But regardless of whether I was bored of the green light or not I'm sure I would be able to suppress my boredom long enough to correctly fulfil one job for the most evil wizard who ever lived.

ReputationRep:
    Death Eaters are quite likely evil, arrogant so and so's. They think that they can take on just about anyone, especially a bunch of kids who are only 15 years old! As I have said before, they are psycopaths who obviously take pleasure in tormenting and causing pain to others, especially those they consider beneath them.

Bored of killing people! Is that possible?
    Part of the fun is the journey, and the killing is the climax.

He (Hagrid) obviously knows the truth now since he is in the Order.
    Does he? And is he in the Order?

Why didn't Dumbeldore just use AK on Voldemort when they were in the MOM?
    Because he believes too much in the prophecy, or doesn't like killing people? He could have killed him, then gone after the horcruxes while Voldemort was still dead(ish).

ReputationRep:
    Hagrid goes off to the mountains to persuade the Giants to join the Order, so I assume he is part of it. I can't imagine Dumbledore leaving Hagrid out anyway. And if he is in the Order, you would imagine they would have to explain to him why the 'serial killer' Sirius Black is providing the headquarters

ReputationRep:
    See my post above...
    Seeing as I know the potters knew and were fully aware Wormtail was there Secret Keeper...........why wud I have to see your post saying practically the same thing?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Of course Hagrid knows. For a start, he has always been quite possibly the most loyal to Dumbledore and Dumbledore completely trusts him. Dumbledore would have told him. The trio completely trust him. Hagrid must know that Buckbeak was being looked after by Sirius. And, he simply must be in the order. Why else would he have known the Potters?? If he wasn't in the order then there would be no reason for him to know them. He has always told the kids to trust Snape. So, must have known that Snape had joined the Order at the end. And, he wouldn't know about the order if he wasn't in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irish-Jojo)
    Seeing as I know the potters knew and were fully aware Wormtail was there Secret Keeper...........why wud I have to see your post saying practically the same thing?
    lol
    Because I answered my own question already But thanks for agreeing.

ReputationRep:
    Because I answered my own question already But thanks for agreeing.
    Okay But can you really AGREE on fact hee hee

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.