The Student Room Group

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics for A-level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiagilbert17
Is this combination actually going to be useful to me or are they too similar. I want to do a maths degree .

I did it and I am at one of the top institutes in the country (for chemistry)
Original post by tiagilbert17
My school requires me to do 4 at AS level and then I can drop one at A2. Would you suggest a replacement or keep chemistry?

well if i was you i would drop chemisty, because 1) you only need 3 alevels which doing 4 will hinder your chances of getting A and A*'s in them and 2) you said you want to study maths at uni

but if you're enjoying chemistry and you might change your career choice in the future you can keep doing chemistry, so really its your personal preference and how you feel about it
Original post by Han-Mingi
Hey, I'm hoping to do a Maths Degree too, and my A-levels were in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Biology so your choices are similar to mine and the only thing I would change is doing Chemistry instead of biology. So your options are great !
Good luck ~

Thanks
Original post by LPauling
I did it and I am at one of the top institutes in the country (for chemistry)

Congrats:thumbsup:
Reply 24
lol i may be a year late but was considering the exact same combination as i am strong in maths and that helps me in physics, and chemistry is fairly easy and equally interesting

Quick Reply

Latest