Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Over three years in psychiatric hospitals AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    I also spent over a year in psych units. One acute and one secure one. But I was 15 and they were CAHMS.

Hope you're doing well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    That's great man It seems like you're coming out of it well It's great you haven't succumbed to the past and you're trying to enjoy your life. It's also great that you have a wife to support you. Good luck with your future mate
    Yes that's kind of you to say so.

(Original post by powerpuffshol)
    I also spent over a year in psych units. One acute and one secure one. But I was 15 and they were CAHMS.

Hope you're doing well
    Ouch i think it is worse when they get you young. I first went in when i was 23 or 24 i think.

Were you forced to take any meds during that time. And how old are you now, if you mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Yes that's kind of you to say so.

Ouch i think it is worse when they get you young. I first went in when i was 23 or 24 i think.

Were you forced to take any meds during that time. And how old are you now, if you mind me asking?
    I had oral meds three times a day which were kind of forced because if I refused them or spat them out I'd get put on obvs or IM'd them, and then sometimes I had IM's under restraint when I was hallucinating or something.
    I actually managed to hide my meds without anyone noticing for the last two months of my admission, and I got discharged at a tribunal, so a few weeks after I was discharged I told my home CAHMS team I hadn't actually taken my meds for months, and they took me off them. They found it funny how sneaky I was.
    I am 17 in October, I've been discharged a year on 20th August

ReputationRep:
    I had oral meds three times a day which were kind of forced because if I refused them or spat them out I'd get put on obvs or IM'd them, and then sometimes I had IM's under restraint when I was hallucinating or something.
    I actually managed to hide my meds without anyone noticing for the last two months of my admission, and I got discharged at a tribunal, so a few weeks after I was discharged I told my home CAHMS team I hadn't actually taken my meds for months, and they took me off them. They found it funny how sneaky I was.
    I am 17 in October, I've been discharged a year on 20th August
    Congrats pp, are you hoping to go to college/uni??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Congrats pp, are you hoping to go to college/uni??
    Thank you!
    College for the next couple years, and then uni. I want to be a pediatric nurse.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    College for the next couple years, and then uni. I want to be a pediatric nurse.
    Good luck with that! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.