Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of Makeup? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimrahk123)
    I wear some makeup on a daily basis, at my sixth form not many people wear makeup so it seems a lot, but a lot of girls at my high school wore excessive makeup so in comparison was less. So, I want to know everyone's views on makeup. What makeup people wear on a daily basis? And, What is too much makeup?Thank you x
    I honestly don't have a problem with makeup at all unless its too dramatic.

ReputationRep:
    I would
    ok
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As a guy, I prefer the natural look 100x more than tons of makeup. Makeup is fine as long as it looks natural and minimal for me.

Girls who are clearly contoured to ****, caked in foundation, huge eyelashes, egyptian eyeliner is a massive turn off. The worst thing is eyebrows though. Eyebrows that have clearly been done up (ie. perfect straight lines everywhere in a silly zig zag shape) and ones clearly penciled in just look stupid. A general pluck/trim every so often is enough.

And lastly, girls who can't go anywhere without putting it on annoy me. My gf won't come down to the delivery driver without putting it on and has to top up lipstick every hour basically. Annoys me quite a bit.

Don't even get me started on fake tan.

Anyway rant over :laugh: Motto of the story is be comfortable with yourselves and know you are more appealing looking your natural, beautiful selves

ReputationRep:
    Just a little bit is ok but when you start looking like you have half a boots on your face I really hate it. also I have fake tan

ReputationRep:
    I hate makeup. Nobody should wear makeup.

ReputationRep:
    I wear some makeup on a daily basis, at my sixth form not many people wear makeup so it seems a lot, but a lot of girls at my high school wore excessive makeup so in comparison was less. So, I want to know everyone's views on makeup. What makeup people wear on a daily basis? And, What is too much makeup?Thank you x
    I went to a small sixth form where I was the only girl (not wearing a hijab) that wore no makeup on a daily basis. Out of like 150 students, roughly half female.

It wasn't that I don't like makeup etc because I used to be very self conscious about spots etc and I did foundation and concealer from yr 6 to year 11, and for a small period in year 10 wore liner and mascara until it was banned at my school lol... But when it got to sixth form I was studying ALL the time, and could rarely be bothered to do makeup in the mornings which were always rushed because of lack of sleep (which, you know, in hindsight, less work + more sleep= better grades).

A lot of cliquey girls at my Sf wore full face makeup - perfect brows, lips, eyeshadow, contour. And honestly, some look pretty and some look like they were trying way too hard. I guess it all depends on the way you do your makeup etc.

My actual opinion is that it's nice to wear makeup, because it makes me feel good, but you don't need a full "going clubbing" look for your maths lesson, it looks unprofessional if they're not muted tones etc. It's also incredibly cringy when your friends have a thing for a new guy and suddenly start wearing a lot more makeup. It's desperate and laughable.

Anyhoo, you should definitely wear more makeup if that's what you want. I wouldn't waste an hour on it in the morning though, because inevitably you end up with a full face that looks more at home at a party than at school. If other people don't wear makeup at your school (which is the exact opposite of my s.f.) don't let them tell you that you look slutty or are trying to hard... Just don't go overboard lol... It's more professional to wear small amounts of makeup anyway. Just not a big smokey eye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    yeah but shes a celebrity you wont expect them to go out in the public without it
    Although, if you do a quick google search, you will find that she does go out without make up. She also wears make up on her "days off" when she is out in the street, going to lunch and to the clubs. She is being photographed often, yes, but she is a good marker for women in general.

Adrianna Lima (another beautiful woman), is often seen out without make up, in the gym, driving around in her car, shopping. She can switch to a low key make up look (outwith work commitments) when she is dining out.

Yes, these women are celebrities, in the public eye but they to switch from wearing make up at work, wearing make up in their personal lives and wearing no make up on a daily. It is difficult to make the "celebrity" argument when women these days have things like Instagram, Facebook, twitter and the like, as many expose their lives online and often. If the two examples I used always wore make up because they were always in the public eye, then I could see your point, but as they do not always wear make up and indeed publish photographs themselves on their own social media without make up (as do the pesky paparazzi) then I cannot agree with you.

(Original post by saraxh)
    Dior foundation, concealer and loreal telescopic mascara on a daily.
    Dior foundation is the best I have ever seen :love:

-----
    To reply to OP, on a daily basis I wear foundation and mascara. I often wear eye liner too, not everyday but more often lately for some reason lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Dior foundation is the best I have ever seen :love:

-----
    To reply to OP, on a daily basis I wear foundation and mascara. I often wear eye liner too, not everyday but more often lately for some reason lol
    Do Dior foundations come in a lot of shades, I use Chanel at the moment but is too heavy to use everyday, and getting the right colour is so difficult.

Do Dior foundations come in a lot of shades, I use Chanel at the moment but is too heavy to use everyday, and getting the right colour is so difficult.
    Yes they do ! I've never used Chanel foundation before, I use Diorskin star and this one is a bit heavy, but Diorskin Nude is just awesome, it feels like you wear nothing at all ! You should try :yep: oh it's very expensive tho :/ around 50€ for 30mL, which is Something like £60 I think , but it's worth the price !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Yes they do ! I've never used Chanel foundation before, I use Diorskin star and this one is a bit heavy, but Diorskin Nude is just awesome, it feels like you wear nothing at all ! You should try :yep: oh it's very expensive tho :/ around 50€ for 30mL, which is Something like £60 I think , but it's worth the price !!
    Thank you ,I'll look at it.

ReputationRep:
    If I feel like wearing make-up I will but I'll never wear much. If I was ever to do contour or fill in my brows etc. I would save it for a special occasion. Otherwise I'll always look the same and to me that defeats the idea of getting 'dressed up' for a party.

ReputationRep:
    In college I noticed a lot of the girls in my class wears makeup. Literally full on makeup with eyeshadow, contour and everything like they're going to a fashion show or something. I personally think that's too much especially to wear every single day.

As for me I only fill in my brows, wear mascara and tinted lip balm. Every now and then I may wear foundation too.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like wearing makeup for everyday wear and I personally don't feel as I have to. I also hate washing makeup off at the end of s day. You can never just fall into bed taking mascara off is the bane of my life!! If I'm going out and I need to look a bit more put together I might put some concealer under my eyes and round my nose, a bit of cream bronzer, a tiny bit of mascara at the root of my lashes and a cheek and lip tint. If it's an occasion I usually wear a full face. I never wore any makeup to school. When I started college I felt as if I needed to bc everyone wore a full face of makeup every day. However after like the third day of college I gave up be I cba and would rather have more time in bed

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear it lol. I used to wear mascara everyday but i hate taking it off. So now I just wear lipstick/gloss, sometimes just lipbalm. I would hate to be one of those girls that wore lots of make up everyday.

ReputationRep:
    I use a 'pore-eraser' primer on my nose and then the Bourgeois CC cream (does that count as makeup haha?). If I'm having a break out I'll use some concealer too.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't wear anything in my 1st year of sixth form (mainly because i was a makeup illiterate) but in 2nd year I wore foundation, concealer, bronzer, eyeshadow pencil, eyebrow pencil, mascara and lipstick. Lol, is that a lot. My friends say that my makeup looks very natural. I do look a bit different (accentuated features *cough*eyebrows*cough*) but not too much. I think it's fine to wear it but some people don't like it cakey. Mainly, f what people think, just wear it if you're more comfortable with it. I don't look at people who wear makeup differently from people who don't. ((I did 3 sciences and maths a levels + epq. my college was 1:30 hours away I'm surprised I got enough time to do make up haha))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    how many of you girls would wear as much makeup as you do now if you were hot/good looking?
    No chill

ReputationRep:
    I love makeup and I love wearing lots of it - I just don't do it often. It takes ages, makeup is expensive and it irritates me to have it on all day. I never wear it to work, occasionally I'll wear a BB cream if I'm looking particularly tired. At the weekends I'll wear a small amount if I'm going somewhere nice, and my favourite part of a night out is doing my makeup . I actually prefer to only wear it on special occasions as I'd rather look nicer than usual than the same as always. My boyfriend prefers me with makeup on, but that's tough!

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it, you always wear full face makeup. Like contouring, false eyelashes, all that jazz. People get used to seeing you like that so you just look okay. But then you take it off and you're ugly compared to what they normally see. But if you barely wear makeup, you still look okay without. But when that special occasion comes and you wear full makeup? You look gorgeous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.