Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebee)
    What about Grimmauld Place? Grim old place!
    God they just keep on coming!!! Seriously how many more are there, im re-reading book six and i'm now going to spend all my time looking for them!

ReputationRep:
    I had realised Diagon Alley before however Knockturn Alley and Grimmauld place are new to me, I didn't get the weasel/burrow thing either lol . JK certainly has a sense of humour!

ReputationRep:
    It took me ages to realise that erised, as in the mirror of erised, was desire backwards.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    What about this one:

The word quidditch is a combination of the three balls used in the game. Quaffle, bludger and snitch.

and...

Gringots is an anagram of storing.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't notice it until JK actually pointed it out on an interveiw for Blue Peter (this was before PoA came out).

ReputationRep:
    I realised the Diagon Alley one but never noticed the others

(Original post by notnek_01)
    What about this one:

Gringots is an anagram of storing.
    ... Gringotts has two t's....
    unless of course JK added an extra t to try and throw everyone off the scent....hmm...

ReputationRep:
    I got Diagon Alley when I first read it..

but only after reading this thread did I get Knockturn Alley and Grimmauld Place!!!!

When I read Grimmauld though I always say it in my head Gir-a-mald.

ReputationRep:
    I always read Diagon Alley as "diagonally" in my head and then i had to think nooo it's 2 separate words..lol.

Also Gringott's has 2 "g's"...but it is a brilliant notion!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_1987)
    I always read Diagon Alley as "diagonally" in my head and then i had to think nooo it's 2 separate words..lol.

Also Gringott's has 2 "g's"...but it is a brilliant notion!!
    Didnt notice the "g's". too busy finding the other "t"

ReputationRep:
    I only just noticed the other G when you mentioned it having 2 t's and i was moving the words around to see if it made anything..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_1987)
    I only just noticed the other G when you mentioned it having 2 t's and i was moving the words around to see if it made anything..
    .. I take it you had no luck either then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeepMeep09)
    .. I take it you had no luck either then
    I made sttoringg :p:

ReputationRep:
    I never got Grimmauld Place. D'oh. I got the others though

ReputationRep:
    i never got any of them, damn now i feel stupid!

ReputationRep:
    I'm amazed how many people got Diagon Alley, but then didn't think about Knockturn Alley :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpinkuk)
    I'm amazed how many people got Diagon Alley, but then didn't think about Knockturn Alley :eek:
    i didnt get either of them until i read this thread

ReputationRep:
    Damn I never got any of them except Diagon Alley as I have a tendency to read fast and accidently said diagonally and realised it was a word. HAHA! I just saw the t4 harry potter premiere for the new movie

ReputationRep:
    I only got Diagon Alley after the 2nd film when harry says it wrong in the flames, and as for Knockturn Alley I totally didnt realise until reading this thread...I got half of Grimmauld Place though, as in I knew the "grim" part was to indicate its gloominess. but yeah I never realised it was grim-old-place. Cool. Are there any others?

Also why is Hogwarts called that? For an amazing school and building and being a legend and all, it seems weird that the name has connotations of ugly viral growths on pigs, hhaha.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Check out this ste:
    http://www.theninemuses.net/hp/1.html
    This is where I found the gringotts-storing anagram which I didn't check!

ReputationRep:
    Hogwarts is an anagram of ghost war but I expect it is just a coincidence.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.