Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boys - what do you think about makeup? Watch

• View Poll Results: Does makeup make a girl more or less attractive?
    More attractive
    56.52%
    Less attractive
    43.48%

ReputationRep:
    i also prefer them with no make up tbh. your gonna age anyhow. and some times people go overboard *there's always that one girl with an orange head and neck.

(Original post by sketchymofo2)
    i also prefer them with no make up tbh. your gonna age anyhow. and some times people go overboard *there's always that one girl with an orange head and neck.
    Lol it's awkward when "that girl" at my school is the headmistress...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends on the girl and your definition of attractive. The right make up on the right girl can have a very sexy appeal. On the other hand some girls look better with minimal or no make up.

As others have said, what we think of as no make up is likely minimal make up. That's the look I prefer overall. Natural or close to it. I personally can't stand things like excessive eyelashes or eyeliner or deep red lipstick. Every now and then as the occasion demands is nice. But it loses its appeal if you do it everyday.

For me I'd be more attracted to someone rocking a more natural look than someone who has gone to obvious trouble to make themselves look what can ultimately be described as fake.

Don't change yourself for something you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Lol it's awkward when "that girl" at my school is the headmistress...
    yeah.....

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's such a lovely sentiment but I do think that most guys when they say this actually don't realise how much makeup can do. Honestly, 99% boys I know would think that a girl wearing minimal makeup was wearing none at all. But that tiny bit can make all the difference.
    Its true!
    Im not 99% of boys though! Ive noticed girls wearing little makeup and some wearing none! And then they didnt look as good when they wore some tbh. I just dont like it. I prefer natural things, including beauty!

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Its true!
    Im not 99% of boys though! Ive noticed girls wearing little makeup and some wearing none! And then they didnt look as good when they wore some tbh. I just dont like it. I prefer natural things, including beauty!
    Aww well in that case you are probably every girl's dream haha. Though I do think that beauty doesn't always have to be natural. Artificial things can be beautiful too, even a face enhanced by makeup.

ReputationRep:
    Ok.
    My sister puts it on and looks like a pantomime dame (she wasn't too amused when I told her that).
    But some people manage to apply it subtly enough to still look natural.
    As long as you can't physically tell the difference from face and make up (in a good way) then make up is fine, but unless you're going out somewhere special, I don't think you should bother.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Depends on how it's done. I tend to not think about make up.

ReputationRep:
    Take a pair of identical girl twins. One of them is wearing makeup, the other is wearing no makeup. Which do you find more attractive?
    Throwing wild guesses out there right now but:

I'd guess that guys with a more long-term outlook on a relationship would prefer a girlfriend that doesn't use much makeup (as it's more 'natural' perhaps?) as those who are more look oriented do not care so much about them two being completely 'natural' in the relationship but would be a slight bit more shallow and be more focused on appearances? I'm sure there would be plenty of exceptions though.

But surely the twin with a sensible amount of well-applied makeup would look objectively better. I don't think there are too many guys that really detest makeup that much (talking purely about tastes in appearance here).

Aww well in that case you are probably every girl's dream haha. Though I do think that beauty doesn't always have to be natural. Artificial things can be beautiful too, even a face enhanced by makeup.
    I agree, but what do you think about implants? That's a step above make up

(Original post by Caius Filimon)
    Throwing wild guesses out there right now but:

I'd guess that guys with a more long-term outlook on a relationship would prefer a girlfriend that doesn't use much makeup (as it's more 'natural' perhaps?) as those who are more look oriented do not care so much about them two being completely 'natural' in the relationship but would be a slight bit more shallow and be more focused on appearances? I'm sure there would be plenty of exceptions though.

But surely the twin with a sensible amount of well-applied makeup would look objectively better. I don't think there are too many guys that really detest makeup that much (talking purely about tastes in appearance here).

I agree, but what do you think about implants? That's a step above make up
    That seems like a sensible answer
    Implants... Hmm I guess if a man knows they're fake but doesn't mind then that's his personal preference. As a girl, I know I'd always choose an unattractive man who had not had plastic surgery over an attractive one who hadn't. And I'd never have plastic surgery myself. I don't like to criticise people who do decide to take that route, because it's their body.

ReputationRep:
    Let's get real - they all say they prefer 'natural beauty', but when it actually gets down to it they pick the girls who cake it on.

ReputationRep:
    Take a pair of identical girl twins. One of them is wearing makeup, the other is wearing no makeup. Which do you find more attractive?
    Girls look sexy when they wear minimum makeup, like just touch ups/ natural looking make up. Red lipstick is hot as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure it depends. i feel like i wear a lot of makeup but it's mainly just my eyes and eyebrows and a lot of guys have said they like the way my makeup enhances my features. if i were to cake my face in foundation and do all that really in depth contouring they probably wouldn't like it as much (but who actually cares)

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't be ****ed with all that make up ********. My face is my face, I like it like that and couldn't be ****ed spending 20 minutes "dressing it up" like there's something wrong with it. That ****'s for Halloween when wearing a face of paint is fun.

Ps. Putting on make up to look natural or "emphasise", that's some sad ****.

ReputationRep:
    If applied moderately and with class makeup almost always makes a woman more attractive

But I dislike the idea of makeup enormously. I think it reeks of hypocrisy when so many of these same women rail against female objectification and the mistreatment of animals while creating new, more sexually attractive faces for themselves to feel more valuable in the world using materials that have almost always been created with animal suffering and exploitation.

I cannot imagine that the ubiquitous culture of replacing your face on a regular basis, often fundamentally or drastically, does not have an enormously damaging impact on women's self-esteem

I think it is more objectifying and dehumanising for a woman to replace her facial features with sexually-charged exaggerations and replacements than it is to cover it with a burqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    True. IDK why people have problem with makeup and say she is only pretty cause she is wearing makeup. YOU NEED A PRETTY FACE TO LOOK PRETTY WITH MAKEUP FFS
    Lmao no u don't

ReputationRep:
    Make up, i have a thing for panda eyes :coma:

Although I don't think you've given enough info. In my opinion:
    Small amounts of make up > No make up > Too much make up

ReputationRep:
    Boys have a little knowledge of “makeup”. Talking about makeup to boys is like talking about web development to chartered accountants.

Unfair question. The one with make-up might be covering burns or scars; the one without might have had plastic surgery.

Generally I find make-up unattractive, though. My girlfriend doesn't wear make-up except on very rare occasions, and when she does it doesn't actually suit her.

Wow, I'd forgotten all about making this thread until its sudden revival!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.