Douper
    FOC SOC
    Jarret?!?! IT'S SPELT JARRATT FFS!!!
    Maple Bank
    Oakley
    Prichatts Park
    Shakleton
    Spinney

This doesn't include Other events that Jarratt Is yet to timetable/organise by ourselves: Alton Towers, Go-Karting, BBQ, etc... But we'll get onto them soon [I hope... (Damned Risk assessments:mad:)]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviasmith05)
    I don't think we went to Snobs no - the Freshers Fest was Risa, Forbidden Fruit, Air, Vodbull...(Oceana wasn't open). !
    You went to Air? Wow. We just went to Risa and The works.

Next year its all about the Que club!

But yea I'd recommend getting the Freshers pack. Don't worry about rushing to get it though, as the reps will likely sell you it in freshers week if you haven't already got one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    You went to Air?
    Indeed we went to Air! It was like the last Freshers Fest night! I was with Tennis Courts - who were you with? And what's this about a new club?! Tell me more? Where?

ReputationRep:
    ... But, We want you to buy it in advance, So we charge you more when you get here. £25 in advance, £30 in the halls (approximately) is what I *believe* the prices to be...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah buy in advance. QHC sold out last year.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just get this straight in my head.. probably cus I'm tired I'm not clear on it all but have I got this right? -

Freshers Fest is entry to clubs/bowling/cinema events etc for the first couple of weeks.

Freshers Ball - pretty obvious, ok

Candy Shop, Guild Live etc - what're these exactly?? Are these in the guild? how good are they? If I get a bronze package can i buy tickets to these later if i decide i wanna go?

In terms of the termly trips to Risa etc (like in the platinum package), can you only go to those if you've bought the package or is it just like a normal club where you can still go in, it's just a cheaper way of doing it?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy any of those bronze etc.. packages, you can get into any of the club nights if you buy a ticket/pay on the door. No one even really goes to Risa anymore because of Oceana. Just get freshers fest - that way you'll be with all your halls, have a freshers tshirt to wear and it'll be better than just buying tickets for individual nights.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely buy Freshers Fest, which is £26 I believe this year, as it is the best thing you'll buy!!!! If you're living in Tennis Courts, our itinerary is up on our website, www.tennis-courts.org. Also, we've got info about all the Guild fairs happening that week too.
    All the other packages (except the Shackleton/Hub one, which I dont know a lot about) are pointless to buy so save your pennies!
    They are due to load all the info onto www.freshersfest.com asap as they have just finalised all the timetables and are just ironing out the last few kinks!
    Lauren xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Ive been a bit concerned about the fact that Ill not yet be 18 during freshers week...will it be a problem for me to then get into clubs and that sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is really tight on having ID so it could be a problem but you could play the “I Lost it on my 1st night out” card an see how it goes! With so many students out in one night they can’t check every one but the clubs in town can be right………….!!!!!

How come your not 18 when you get to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what Im worried about - the whole ID thing...and I dont want to miss out on all the partying in Freshers Week!

and I skipped a year in school when I was younger, which is why Im still 17. Will be turning 18 in November though!

ReputationRep:
    What sort of arrangements are there for Freshers week if your not planning on living at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    What sort of arrangements are there for Freshers week if your not planning on living at home?
    If your not planning on living at home? Then you'll be in halls? Each halls has their own Freshers Week timetable and Freshers Reps that'll come round with you all, help you move in etc...

Then theres loads of other freshers events you'll find out about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1989)
    Thats what Im worried about - the whole ID thing...and I dont want to miss out on all the partying in Freshers Week!

and I skipped a year in school when I was younger, which is why Im still 17. Will be turning 18 in November though!

Could be a problem. For most of the student nights they want to see your student ID (ok for you) and your driving licence/passport (not ok for you).

ReputationRep:
    Ashbourne1 - would it still be worth buying the 26 pound freshers pack then? considering I may not go to the clubs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1989)
    Ashbourne1 - would it still be worth buying the 26 pound freshers pack then? considering I may not go to the clubs?

Yeah you might as well, more chance of you getting in that way. There's stuff on there you dont need ID for e.g. we had free cinema tickets, bowling etc...

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy it just in case. Hmm, I can't remember if in Freshers we really did get ID'd...I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember us all just going straight in cause we were wearing Freshers Fest T-Shirts. You definately get ID'd on normal-after-Freshers-Fest nights though!

Maybe you could borrow your siblings' old expired passport if you look like them? There might also be people in your block that can change your current ID - a girl in my block used to change drivers licence's and they looked so real!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashbourne1)
    If your not planning on living at home? Then you'll be in halls? Each halls has their own Freshers Week timetable and Freshers Reps that'll come round with you all, help you move in etc...

Then theres loads of other freshers events you'll find out about.
    Sorry, I meant to say if you are living at home.

ReputationRep:
    would it be worth, as someone under 18, purchasing the Bronze Package

Included in this package: Freshers Fest & Freshers Masquerade Ball, or could i risk not being let in but still purchase the Silver Package
    Included in this package: Freshers Fest, Freshers Masquerade Ball, Guild Live & Candy Shop.
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    To anyone wondering about the "14 nights of fun" at bar one, the website has gone live now, with details of what's on: http://www.14nightsoffun.com/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 2, 2007
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.