Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ooo that would make mine purple then! Which is the best of the 3 for my personal choice! and for my duvvet! Does yellow and purple match? i think maybe it could! Red would be my idea of hell... :P

I dont mind being with gap years.... i just dont wana be with people that dont come outta thier rooms! which i guess u can get with anyone! Ill stop worrying!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the accomodation people would just get pissed off tho if you were ringing up just to ask whether yours was a returners flat? Surely they dont put straight from school under-grads in with returners. Did you take a gap year dantheman? I'm so grateful being on the vale I feel a bit rude ringing up to check! Is anyone else going to do it??

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to barge in on a Maple thread but please sign the definitive accommodation thread - there seem to be loads of you here staying in Maple Bank but only one person on the list in the other thread and I'm trying to get a big community thread going! Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they would mind.... but i doubt you'll get anywere else now if you found out you were with returners....as accom on the vale will def be full i suspect!

I found someone in block 1 whoes straight outta school over on facebook so i recon itll be a mix of people hopefully!

Im just gona try not to worry bout it... can't change it now and if its bad just have to make the best of the situ...and go find some friends in another block!

ReputationRep:
    hey all

my gf was in maple bank for her first year and its real nice place!! get friendly witht he ticket sellers there and your sorted for nights out!!

holly and elle, birmingham uni was my second uni to, dropeed out of UCE and can honetsly say birmingham is mint! yer u get the nerves at first etc etc but once u settle in ul have the time of your life!

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I was also in Maple last year (Block 4 Flat 31) and I see that Dan is replying to you all on here we are living together now and met through a Maple thread on a different site last year haha. I agree, find out who the ticket sellers are because some nights like Oceana and Vodbull see out fast. Also, run for something on the accomodation services-you get free entry to places and VIP areas and stuff. We were all very jealous.

As far as I know, Dan was the only person to be put accidentally in a returners flat as a fresher, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most peole who took gap years or dropped out of other uni's get put in the same flat to keep the ages close, but one of my flatmates had taken a gap year. It's never been an issue.

I don't know if there is anything more useful I can say...unless there are any q's. Just that Maple Bank is a really great place, it's really conveniently situated and friendly. Get to know the flat's opposite you, we got on really well with the ones in our block and were one big flat by the end.

Ps. Also you'll need to go and ask in Shack. for the code to open the laundrette-my flatmate had to tell me last year! It's not as nice as the Shack. laundrette, but it's a good place to meet random people.

ReputationRep:
    Block 5 flat 41

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.