Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t s)
    I'm really hoping to get 6A*s and As in the rest (already got A* in Chemistry last year) - but after I clumsily messed up my Maths exam, I'll probably only be getting 5. What about you, anojan?
    I really want to get A/Bs in whole my GCSEs subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not at all!

What I'm hoping for is 1A*, 6As, 3Bs and 1 Distinction. Don't know how good they are for results but considering I didn't revise much for my exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anojan)
    AND What results do want to get???
    I would have loved to get majority As - even though GCSEs aren't all that important, I was thinking of medicine as a career, and also it would set me apart from others when looking for jobs. However, exams really didn't go to plan, with me vomiting before many of them so I'll probably end up with a string of Bs. I'm extremely worried about Biology, Physics, Geog, French and Maths

Like most people, revision didn't really go to plan and like many I found myself revising the night before for many exams LOL, i'm glad that mess is all over

I honestly just want to get results day over with. Like if I woke up tomorrow and it was like a surprise results day, I would be pretty happy just to get it over and done with minimal anxiety.

(Original post by BobSausage)
    I'd love to walk out of there with 13A*s and an A*^(only available in AQA further maths)
    I think I've got 3-6A*s I'm not sure what I can rely on.
    I think I've failed biology (possibly a B predicted A*)
    I think Drama and Music will also be sadly B/C level rather than the A/A* I want and was predicted.
    I think history has fallen flat on it's face.
    I get depressed whenever I think about it then I get happy when I think there's a possibility I got more than 1 A* then I cry as I realise there's no point being optimistic then failing, But I know I will be disappointed when I open them. I'm so sad.
    Did you do AQA for Biology? I really think I got a B in that unfortunately, I though 2/3 of the exams were hard lol and I'm doing it next year...

(Original post by twhiddy)
    I'd just rather get it over with and just see my grades. I'm getting bored of the waiting game and wasting time worrying about it.
    Exactly my thoughts! Like if I woke up tomorrow and it was like a surprise results day, I would be pretty happy just to get it over and done with minimal anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALoneRanger)
    Nope, not at all!

What I'm hoping for is 1A*, 6As, 3Bs and 1 Distinction. Don't know how good they are for results but considering I didn't revise much for my exams...
    Good luck, you to get good results that you are aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anojan)
    Good luck, you to get good results that you are aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, best of luck for you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Did you do AQA for Biology? I really think I got a B in that unfortunately, I though 2/3 of the exams were hard lol and I'm doing it next year...
    Biology is the one science I never get good marks on even though I revised for it more than either of the other sciences.Maths is the only one I'm confident I got an A* on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Biology is the one science I never get good marks on even though I revised for it more than either of the other sciences.Maths is the only one I'm confident I got an A* on.
    I don't think I'll get a single A* LOL. I was only predicted 3 anyway, and I'm not really bothered about A*s. In my mind A* is the same as an A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.