Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you found out your partner was cheating on you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it's kind of funny how some people her are saying how they would get their revenge and so on but honestly? Take a look at the ones who wrote they lived it. I'm one of them sadly and when I found out. Yeah. Hell yeah, I was furious and wanted to confront her and revenge... but after a few seconds later... you just realise that you don't want to ever see that lying person anymore. You really don't need it. They would only try to talk you out of the breakup or tried to convince you that nothing happen even if you have an obvious proof or was begging for another chance. People who do such a thing doesn't deserve it. I would maybe consider it if it did happen while she was super drunk or so, but... I don't think I would be able to get over it even then. The best way is to just cut it off and leave. It's for the best.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Depends what your situation was and the nature of the cheating. Sometimes you have too much invested or there may be additional responsibilities. Normally though I'd expect to think about it to guage how I feel, then talk about it, then most likely call it a day.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave. I would never take back a cheater

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably confront them about it, tell them how I feel, then remove them from my life. I wouldn't do much to keep them around because I'd just remember being hurt and it would most likely interfere with my life beyond them.

I once had a guy lead me on completely, I fell for it and then I found out he had a girlfriend. I removed him and blocked him immediately and haven't spoken to him in over two years now.

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on the situation for me. Whether it's a kiss or full sex, whether it's a physical attaction or they are emotionally invested in another person, in which case the relationship is clearly over anyway. It's a complex thing, and I may be forgiving for a one-time kiss offence. Sex is really out of the question, though.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a partner to be cheated on but if I do in the future, i'll kick them to the curb for cheating. If a person cheats once, they are likely to do it again even if they truly love the person they are with. No one could tolerate being cheated on multiple times, the majority would walk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Meet urgently a psychologist or a doctor because I might be suffering from schizophrenia
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Invest in a power drill and a one way ticket to Caracus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Would you plot an evil revenge or would you simply break up and walk away?

What would you do?
    That is a tough question.

I would forgive them, but I would still walk away. No hard feelings, but I'd be looking for someone trustworthy. Once trust is broken like that, I would find it very hard to trust that person again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    Tail/penai
    Nobody calls it a tail....maybe a snake or a third leg, but not a tail.

Do you know what a tail is lol?

ReputationRep:
    I'd pretend I didn't know anything and plan some way of telling her that looks sweet and kind but really isn't. Then I'd just either leave her without saying anything else or kick her out.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'd be pretty upset. I'd tell them how I felt, and how what they did made me feel, and I'd end it and just cut contact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgil.)
    Nobody calls it a tail....maybe a snake or a third leg, but not a tail.

Do you know what a tail is lol?
    The word penis comes from the latin word meaning tail. So there you go.

ReputationRep:
    Bye✌️ Felicia

ReputationRep:
    https://67.media.tumblr.com/290c198b...a2edo1_500.gif

ReputationRep:
    Leave them.

ReputationRep:
    Ain't sorry

ReputationRep:
    There is no value in monogamy.

However, doing this without any communication is not acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    i will give him another chance. Revenge is not good to solve the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Zero second chances. Make them gtfo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.