Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker,

I would like to ask the Prime Minister whether he believes the Liberals are a valuable coalition partner.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Thank you, it was difficult but still the right kind of interesting (though I'm definitely not asking for more, lol). No, it wasn't. BenC was actually my idea because as it happens, we've recently lost a few members, Ben's policies are generally agreeable to both parties, he's capable of being a good MP, and I felt we should strengthen the tie now that the Liberal party has been largely purged of anti-Tory troublemakers incapable of being pragmatic even if it meant shooting themselves in the knee.

Yes, I do. Most importantly, British citizens come first, but there are also tons of articles and concerns over how ineffective and wasted foreign aid is in reality. It's still billions that could be used to finance domestic life-saving policy.
    It is good of the PM to take a break from purging his coalition partners of troublemakers in order to make time for questions from the House.

For my first follow up, how does the PM feel his rhetoric on putting citizens first and financing 'domestic life-saving policy' squares with his cutting welfare for the most vulnerable families in the country?

---

For my second questions, could the PM confirm that his government's spending commitments are being funded mainly by the £50,000 upper bracket of income tax?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

Will the Prime Minister agree with me that Brexit now means Brexit, and that our government will work tirelessly to ensure a withdrawal from the European Union is carried out, negotiated in the best interest of the people of our nation, in a timely manner/
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Mr Speaker,

Will the Prime Minister agree with me that Brexit now means Brexit, and that our government will work tirelessly to ensure a withdrawal from the European Union is carried out, negotiated in the best interest of the people of our nation, in a timely manner/
    Brexit isn't canon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Brexit isn't canon
    Don't you just love canon!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Don't you just love canon!
    I love putting people's heads in cannons!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This PMQs session is over.

If the PM wishes to provide answers to the remaining unanswered questions he should let me know and I will reopen the thread for him to do so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.