Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Oh have you?
    Well, then, answer me this.
    Where do you suggest people from the Kenyan tribe of Samburu, one of the poorest tribes in Kenya, go, if migration is in the human nature?
    about a hundred thousand individuals, where do you suggest they go?
    I will answer you EXTREMELY well and if you have any balls you should shove it in your throat and apologise:

"More than 4.5 million refugees from Syria are in just five countries Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt"

4.5 MILLION left for a better place and they even traveled thousands of miles and you have problem with the Samburu?

ReputationRep:
    Foreign aid has caused problems in Africa, but I don't think that the second paragraph of OP's argument has managed to capture any of these.

As others have said, mobility in said parts of the world is extremely limited, due to a lack of money, knowledge of where to actually go, linguistic/cultural barriers, the threat of violence, and the way that subsistence farming renders a family almost entirely dependent on the land they farm for food.

The "they get used to it" argument shouldn't be used when someone has the resources and willingness to help. A lot of our humanitarian efforts in the past century have been designed to continuously improve both ours' and others' standards of living wherever possible. Saying that stagnation is preferable to improvement is selfish and short-sighted, as our own, Western lives would have been affected if some people in the past thought that we would have gotten used to the (worse) conditions we faced back then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verier)
    I will answer you EXTREMELY well and if you have any balls you should shove it in your throat and apologise:

"More than 4.5 million refugees from Syria are in just five countries Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt"

4.5 MILLION left for a better place and they even traveled thousands of miles and you have problem with the Samburu?
    Okay, now you're not only being obtuse, but also disrespectful.
    Prove to me that any of those countries accept immigration from African countries, and I will do as you said. Let me save you some work, they don't. They're accepting Syrians because Syria is already an established country that has gone through a crisis of civil war, a country that already has lots of ties with the outer world, unlike most of African countries. Egypt for one already has it's own agricultural problems and has its own poor tribes and will not be accepting any immigration from African countries, and so is Jordan and Iraq which is currently in civil war.

You know what, don't bother answering me, you know, there is a very fine quote trending on the internet "Don't play chess with a pigeon, it will **** on your board and fly away".

ReputationRep:

Charming aren't you ? Aren't you the guy who wants to be a lawyer ????

ReputationRep:
    This thread is too funny

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't consider India on the basis that thier own govt should be providing running water instead of funding a ****in space programme.

Syrian refugees is a totally different situation. They're travelling through developed countries with the means to support them, not across barren savannah and desert that can barely support the people already there.

ReputationRep:
    If you make a child and you cannot feed it you dont make more. Period

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, now you're not only being obtuse, but also disrespectful.
    Prove to me that any of those countries accept immigration from African countries, and I will do as you said. Let me save you some work, they don't. They're accepting Syrians because Syria is already an established country that has gone through a crisis of civil war, a country that already has lots of ties with the outer world, unlike most of African countries. Egypt for one already has it's own agricultural problems and has its own poor tribes and will not be accepting any immigration from African countries, and so is Jordan and Iraq which is currently in civil war.

You know what, don't bother answering me, you know, there is a very fine quote trending on the internet "Don't play chess with a pigeon, it will **** on your board and fly away".
    you prove you are extremely idiot and extremely ignorant:

"The region exhibits dynamic migratory patterns and has had a long history of intraregional, as well as interregional, migration flows. West Africa provides the strongest example of intraregional migration flows in sub-Saharan Africa, with 70 per cent of migratory movements mainly linked to employment taking place within the sub-region."
    Source: West and Central Africa | International Organization for Migration - http://www.iom.int/west-and-central-africa

The source also proves my employment arguement which you tried to disprove. You are the thickest person I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Lol what the f*ck...?

You think that Nigerian/Indian farmer who is praying for rain, struggling to feed his family, cannot send his children to school, cannot get healthcare for his mother want to stay in that situation???

K den...

There are people and cultures (traditional and conservative minded) that may not want "progress" (for whatever) but that's a whole different situation than choosing the above life...

This has got to be a troll, if not I want to leave this planet (by your theory, I should be able to)
    Someone's logical
    Sustainability. I like it MaShaAllah

ReputationRep:
    you prove you are extremely idiot and extremely ignorant:

"The region exhibits dynamic migratory patterns and has had a long history of intraregional, as well as interregional, migration flows. West Africa provides the strongest example of intraregional migration flows in sub-Saharan Africa, with 70 per cent of migratory movements mainly linked to employment taking place within the sub-region."
    Source: West and Central Africa | International Organization for Migration - http://www.iom.int/west-and-central-africa

The source also proves my employment arguement which you tried to disprove. You are the thickest person I have ever seen.
    Let me take you back to your original point, you claim Africans are not migrating because they don't want to, while providing a link that shows that Africans are doing their best to migrate, and you're calling me thick?

Oh, and btw, it's argument not arguement.

ReputationRep:
    If you make a child and you cannot feed it you dont make more. Period

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess I get where your coming for but people need something to love and feed to grow. (Children)

Like cats for old single ladies.
    Basically desire and love for someone or thing. Or our seer of everything. (God)

It keeps people strong.
    Woman are strong when they have children and have to Look after them.

Obviously if these woman are normal.

This may be the reason for girls wanting attention from guys as they want love and babies are lovable. So teenage pregnancies.

ReputationRep:
    Let me take you back to your original point, you claim Africans are not migrating because they don't want to, while providing a link that shows that Africans are doing their best to migrate, and you're calling me thick?

PRSOM

ReputationRep:

are you serious? I am proving that migration IS possible in Africa, which you extremely idiotically denied and I am THUS PROVING that those who stay in areas without water, etc are doing it deliberately because of mental retardation, religious beliefs, getting used to it, etc. I am proving that the natural for humans thing to do is to migrate if your children die or if you are hungry or you don't have water, yet some people choose out of idiocy to stay like that.

and you resolve to a typo to back up your claims? pathetic

ReputationRep:
    are you serious? I am proving that migration IS possible in Africa, which you extremely idiotically denied and I am THUS PROVING that those who stay in areas without water, etc are doing it deliberately because of mental retardation, religious beliefs, getting used to it, etc. I am proving that the natural for humans thing to do is to migrate if your children die or if you are hungry or you don't have water, yet some people choose out of idiocy to stay like that.

and you resolve to a typo to back up your claims? pathetic
    As I said in my very first comment, your analysis is so simplistic and facile it makes me want to cry.

Showing that something is possible doesn't mean that it's feasible for everyone. Let me give you an example, I can quote you the number of the people in the UK who have a mansion, does that mean that every person in the UK is able to buy a mansion? No. It depends on various circumstances, none of which you're taking into account.

I never said immigration is not possible, I said it's harder for poor tribes. Not all tribes in Africa are suffering from extreme poverty, for example ones in Nigeria and Ghana, those are more well-off than the others. Those tribes have the means to buy a mobile phone and access to the internet, and the means to immigrate, those people are not the ones we send charity to. We send charity to the worse off African tribes, ones landlocked by desert or jungle, and impoverished with no housing to shelter them or land to feed them.

Let me give you an example you would better understand. In Syria, you have to pay an equivalent of 5000 pounds to get a boat to Turkey, to immigrate. 5000 sterling is worth around 1.5 million Syrian pounds, which is an extortionate price for a Syrian family. Thus, only families that are well-off will be able to immigrate, the poorer ones will be trapped in Syria.

Poor African tribes face even more problems as I said before.
    People don't watch their children starve to death because they got used to it, what utter stupidity is that?

Oh and again, before you waste my time with more stupid statements, answer me the question I posed before and you gave me such a ridiculous answer to, How would a poor African family, with no money or sufficient food or water supply, trapped in the desert immigrate? And where to? You gave me a list of Arab countries, non of which accept free African immigration. You can say Europe, but then again I told you they can't afford the boats to Europe. So, answer me, where will they go?

And don't bother me with all this shite about human nature, it's not human nature to have countries and borders and walls between us, but we do. Until all the borders in the world are brought down, don't bother me with your stupid argument again.

ReputationRep:
    that's the most stupid argument I have ever read
    those people don't move their ass out of the land without water and food, not because they don't have money, they don't need money
    those who pay money to smugglers they do it because they want to be shipped to Europe
    if you want to come from Africa to Europe, you HAVE to pay someone with a boat to transfer you because there is sea
    in Africa you can simply find the closer village country which is few miles away
    go have a look to an Africa map you ignorant
    and again if you don't have to eat and drink, you dont make kids
    your stupidity is never ending

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.