Turn on thread page Beta

i used to have bad warts on my hands round the nail on my thumbs..like you freezing didnt work but bazucca (sp?) that they advertise on tv for vercuccas and warts worked for me. i basically tore into them.

this might not eb advisable but it worked for me, , its gets pretty damn messy though..anyway...applied the stuff on...then the next day when it was dry and hard, shaved of the layer of skin and the white hardened bazucca stuff with a stanley knife blade, try and avoid drawing blood and just take the skin and top layer of 'wart' but of course you may well catch the skin at times and it can get messy. i also sort of rooted bits out of them out with a tweezer when i could..yeah it was ****ign gross but it worked..give it a go on one and see it if works for you.

btw that was done consistently everyday for a weeks or so. not just a one of thing. use tweezers to pull out the 'warty bits'
    YUMMY!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    wow, you sound like Rambo.

ReputationRep:
    £89 is bugger-all, really; though, on a 'per wart' basis, that might add up to quite a prodigious outlay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    £89 is bugger-all, really; though, on a 'per wart' basis, that might add up to quite a prodigious outlay.
    LOL!!!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have like 5 warts on one hand for a year or two.
    Then I got angry.
    I brought some home treatment thing from the chemist like a plaster you wear and eventually..kinda disolves the wart. Anyway it didnt really work but it softened it enough to pick the hell out of it. And with the other I used a metal nail file, yes! I was angry, if that didnt work I would have whipped out the knife But yeh I haven't had any for years, and if I ever see a little bump looking like the start of one, well I just cut that baby off. lol.
    And they say if you kill the 'mother' (the original wart) then they all go. Wives tale or not, it worked for me :p: I alway know they go after time. How long you can put up with them is another question!

Cheers for the replies so far

Im in the west midlands

Looking at that surgery site now, 90 quid is alright but Im guessing its 90X how many you have

ReputationRep:
    Nah I doubt it'll be £89x wart!

I imagine it will be more expensive than one treatment, but it won't be that high I'm sure. It's like when you book a car in for a service, the initial 'booking in' is something you only do once and so only pay for once. Once they have you booked in, you're just on the clock.

Give them a call, ask maybe for a rough idea of pricing, say that you obviously understand it won't be accurate until they see you, etc.

But yes expect to pay for surgical options, either that or you have to persevere with the over the counter treatments. Frustrating as it may be, it won't just disappear without some effort/money spent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    I read a leaflet on warts in the GP the other day, I cant believe its come in handy. The way they work is that they mask their presence so the body just thinks its a natural aprt of it, so e.g. sanding them down just makes the body heal it back coz its thinks its a natural part of it. Eventually however, the body realises the wart virus is having it on and takes it out, so you just have to wait till then.
    :p:

Yeah, but the wart still begs for forgiveness and tries to worm its way back in. It's a classic story!

On a serious note, this is true. I had a few of the little 'barstewards' and had them frozen off. One didn't go away but rather decided a few months later that it would go away by itself.

You need to tell your doctor what this is doing to you in everyday life. Granted, it's a bit sad that you (and, not only you, the rest of society) is so bothered about aesthetics that their mind becomes restless. God, I sound like a spiritualist (I'm not, these are just my opinions). But at the same time, that's the way Britain is and you feel you won't be accepted because you have growths on your hands, the doctor then has two reasons to 'cure' you. ONE, he needs to get rid of the virus that's causing these warts, especially since they're contagious. And TWO, he needs to recognise the psychological impact.

I know my opinion doesn't count for all, but it might be worth having a go.

Your fellow warty person,

ReputationRep:
    But it's not anything so 'silly' as just aesthetics. It's painful and anyone you touch, you risk spreading it

I do feel lucky with my GP. I have a lump for instance, on my wrist. It's nothing serious, not even unsightly, but has caused a lot of pain in the past and the minor surgeries they've tried didn't work. They said that if I really really wanted to I could have it cut out, so the option was there for me. I didn't though as they warned about further pain afterward, possible scarring; I learned to live with it and it doesn't hurt anymore as I've adapted to using my left hand to bear weight, etc. One day maybe it will go away! But still.. I could have it cut out.

Thing about so many warts though is that if you do have them all cut out you might be left with a lot of scarring and even then they could come back..

Cheers for the replies, especially suek

do warts always go away? i've had one on my finger for 7 years and it bugs the hell outta me but i put up with it. I have tried everything and the best solution was crushed garlic under a plaster overnight, but it still came back.

ReputationRep:
    Try putting vinegar (apple cider vinegar is best) onto completely waterproof plasters (no holes) and wearing the plaster for about 2 weeks, changing it twice a day. This seems to be an fairly unknown way of removing warts and has worked everytime I have suggested it to someone.

If it works, use bio-oil on the area once it has dried out to reduce scarring. Also, DO NOT pick it off because at some point you will be able to, if you do it will just grow back or scar badly.

Just try it on one to start with. It gets a tiny bit painful but its nothing to moan about really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just counted them, 23 on both, an average of 11.5 :|

Ive been to the doctor 8 times to have them frozen and she said its obviously a waste of time as they dont seem to be doing anything and it was causing me great discomfort. I really am getting depressed over them now as they stand out so much and i cant get a girlfriend because of them, aswell as always hiding my hands/fingers when drinking at pubs, texting on my phone etc.

Is there really no other way to get them removed apart from the freezing that doesnt work for me? I feel so bad about them, why me!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

okay..this may sound completely stupid and will probably be laughed at by most people, but the 'placebo' method can be used to get rid of warts, and despite it not being a conventional method, it has actually worked in a large number of cases!

I had an extremely persistant wart on my left hand, i tried absoultely everything, e.g. freezing, various treatments, even herbal remedies, but it refused to go away. I actually heard about the placebo method from my nan..and I admit i found it hilarious and on no account did i think it would work..but i gave it a try anyway! :rolleyes:

Apparently it's some 17th century cure..What you have to do is 'sell' your warts to another person. Ask them if they want to 'buy' your warts for a price (1p will do!) the person must then agree, and the, erm, 'transaction' should take place (so just pocket the 1p, keep it safe, and forget about it!).

okay it does sounds completely ridiculous. I 'sold' my wart to my mum :rolleyes: both of us found it highly hilarious :p: but to my complete amazement, by the end of the week, it had completely gone.

apparently it has some psychological affect which kind of tricks your body into getting rid of it.. i dont know, but anyway, if you're desperate, give it a try! okay i cant guarantee anything and it could have been pure coincidence that it worked for me! but hey, it's worth a try surely

ReputationRep:
    Ill buy them for £1 a peice

On a more serious note I can't imagine what it must be like but stick with it and you'll get throught it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just counted them, 23 on both, an average of 11.5 :|

Ive been to the doctor 8 times to have them frozen and she said its obviously a waste of time as they dont seem to be doing anything and it was causing me great discomfort. I really am getting depressed over them now as they stand out so much and i cant get a girlfriend because of them, aswell as always hiding my hands/fingers when drinking at pubs, texting on my phone etc.

Is there really no other way to get them removed apart from the freezing that doesnt work for me? I feel so bad about them, why me!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Freezing is not working for you?
    How about Salicylic acid?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous]Ive tried 3 different gels over the space of 7 months, then got fed up that they were doing nothing, had them frozen once a month for 8 months and now the doctor says there is nothing else that can be done QUOTE]

once a month? the doc did it once every 2 weeks for my one, about 4 or 5 times in total. it hurt quite a bit but it's kinda gone now. maybe ask the doc to do it more frequently in the mean time while ur finding out about surgery? eventually the body will attack the virus once it realises that's what it should have been doing all along lol silly immunity needs to wake up!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.