Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Make that your thread title and you'll be inundated with offers.
    u missed out the baby part

(Original post by Virgil.)
    arent you like 12?.....or barely much older than that anyway
    im 18 excuse meh

ReputationRep:
    no. stop. think. how does a baby give purpose to your life. babies are small pieces of annoying ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I want the whole pregnancy experience and a pet wont do that. I dont think I would ever start hating my child, it will be my bundle of joy
    Do you know how difficult it is to raise a child? I have younger siblings, l practically raised them. So I know what it's like to have a baby in a way, the crying, the poo, vomit, being sick...it takes a toll on you. Having a baby isn't something one should rush into. How will you provide for the baby? (having a baby isn't cheap) Will you raise the baby by yourself? Do you have enough space for a baby?
    The movie view of having a baby is far from reality.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Could it be that you desire love? And you wanting to take care of and love a baby is what you want from a person? And I guess the fact that someone depends on you can make you feel useful. The feelings you want to achieve by having a baby can be achieved in other ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    no. stop. think. how does a baby give purpose to your life. babies are small pieces of annoying ****.

You were once a baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)

You were once a baby.
    And?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    And?
    So according to your logic you were once a small piece of annoying ****

ReputationRep:
    Cuddle, care for and love yes, you will be able to do all these things for your baby. It will also be cute, smell nice, make you feel warm inside and possible bring your family closer together...

...however they also cry a lot, poop several times a day, need round the clock supervision, make you lose 18 years of sleep, make your have sagging skin and stretch marks around your stomach, need to be fed several times, bathed, played with, checked up on and they grow out of baby clothes and nappies(diapers) unbelievably quickly. several times you won't know what they are crying over, if they want to cry all day they will no matter what you or anyone else does. if you are single and trying to find someone it won't be as easy when you have a child. i also heard that your sex life won't be the same after a kid but thats just what i heard. then when they reach a certain age and you try to take them out and about you need to keep your eyes superglued to them and be prepared to run if they ever manage to slip away. and be prepared to be embarrassed because if he/she feels like having a tantrum and screaming the place down in public - they're going to do it whether you like it or not! they cost the earth, you may think you can continue your studies after having children but realistically most mothers don't get that chance unless they have a family member taking over the parental duties for you whilst you go back to school oh and on top of all the physical stuff you have to get involved in theres also the stressful matters like worrying about their school, their safety and their future and then theres also the emotional side to it all... which i won't even get into because half the time i don't even know what the problem is.

just be prepared is all i'm saying, the dream is so much more different to the reality. i've seen so many mothers act as though having a child is the be-all-and-end-all but then do nothing but complain as soon as their children come along. about how tired they are, how cranky they are, how miserable they are, how they desperately want a night out but can't seem to find anyone to want to babysit their children... again... for free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.Nietzsche)
    Do you know how difficult it is to raise a child? I have younger siblings, l practically raised them. So I know what it's like to have a baby in a way, the crying, the poo, vomit, being sick...it takes a toll on you. Having a baby isn't something one should rush into. How will you provide for the baby? (having a baby isn't cheap) Will you raise the baby by yourself? Do you have enough space for a baby?
    The movie view of having a baby is far from reality.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Could it be that you desire love? And you wanting to take care of and love a baby is what you want from a person? And I guess the fact that someone depends on you can make you feel useful. The feelings you want to achieve by having a baby can be achieved in other ways.
    what other ways

ReputationRep:
    Baby's are annoying. Get a pet, they're like children but less ****.

ReputationRep:
    what other ways
    Depends on the person...Could be having a pet. Engaging with people through hobbies. Helping others (works for a lot of people), maybe through volunteering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    So according to your logic you were once a small piece of annoying ****
    yes just like every other person when they were a baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Baby's are annoying. Get a pet, they're like children but less ****.
    This, quite literally.

You can train a pet to take a dump outside.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Sure, yolo
    Yep, you only live once, why not have a baby and end that life now

No

Live life first

ReputationRep:
    Do you know who you plan on making the father? Or are you just going to pick some random bloke to impregnate you? A child is an 18 year commitment. At least. Every single day. It's estimated just one child costs around ten thousand pounds a year to raise. Every year. Don't you want to concentrate on getting a good/decent education? Don't you want to travel and see a bit of the world? Don't you want to wait until you meet someone really special that you decide you want a child with? [If you already have a child and it doesn't work out with the father, if you ever wanted to meet anyone else in the future, having a kid tied to your apron strings is really off putting to a lot of men]. Wanting to have a child because you feel there is something missing in your life is the wrong reason for wanting one. It's not a doll . My older sister, who has major mental health problems wanted to have a child so she would feel normal like most other women. That was her actual reason for wanting a baby. She suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder and is extremely violent and agressive. Thankfully she is infertile. You cannot expect a child to fill a void in your life; it just doesn't work like that. Work on yourself. Learn to value yourself and build up your self esteem. At least wait a few years until you've lived a little, for goodness sake. Go out and live your life. Enjoy yourself. Having a child is not the solution to your predicament.

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask - especially on TSR - please don't. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen OP's other post about wanting to be a Paramedic. Now THIS , is a good idea. But thinking, because you might not be able to do this "Oh, well, I guess i'll just have a baby instead," is NOT a good idea !!!

ReputationRep:
    The idea is you should have a child when you're at a point in your life that you are self sufficient enough that you're strong/mature enough to cope with the demands of a child. That would also mean being capable of finding your own purpose and happiness and not using a child to give you those things.

i feel like a baby will give me a purpose in life

ReputationRep:
    This is a really weird thread, I mean atleast 8/10 on the TSR weird thread rankings.

But since it's made, why not make a poll of:
    [YES] ,
    [NO] ,
    [SERIOUSLY....].

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  201.0 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.