Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Young people today have less sex than any generation since the 1920s. watch

ReputationRep:
    It's good people are having less sex because it means fewer babies are coming into this cruel world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    **** man I'm 20 and still a virgin. I'm sure someone out there feels better about themselves right now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    At my age my father was literally in a biker gang.
    Forever losing the chance to have a clean record and go into Oxbridge. TSR wasn't there to guide your father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)

It seems strange as a society we seem completely obsessed with sex. Is that because we're actually not having it?

SS
    People only desire that which they do not have.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit surprising, but there are really more importand issues to speak about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    It makes sense. People used to get married a lot earlier, which means that you start having regular sex a log younger.
    I agree. I also think this happens because people are not financially strong so they cant get married earlier these days. Im not financially strong either atm but Im working on it.

ReputationRep:
    Drug and alcohol use at record lows too, coinciding with a mental health epidemic, I doubt it's a coincidence. Finish off your fap, go out and have some fun people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    It makes sense. People used to get married a lot earlier, which means that you start having regular sex a log younger.
    regular sex ?

ReputationRep:
    Probably more interested in an X-Box than a sex box or a Wii than watersports

(Original post by Galaxie501)
    That comes as no surprise at all.

Theres no time for sex when youre busy posting selfies, talking about your latest shopping "haul" and snapchatting. (Cringe)
    you're an absolute joke, how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingleberry jam)
    regular sex ?
    For unmarried guys between the ages of 18-24 only 10% have sex more than twice a week.

For married guys 18-24, 66% have sex more than twice a week.

(Source: American Study http://www.nationalsexstudy.indiana.edu/)

So, I think his point about marriage is probably right.

SS

ReputationRep:
    Many factors - more addicted to video games/the internet, more interested in other things, too stressed, not enough good looking people(lol), no one is willing to work for it (remember the good old days when men romanced you and even married you first, nowadays they think all they have to do is flirt with you or buy you dinner once and thats it, they get to throw their leg over!), self esteem/body confidence issues, people value themselves more to just give themselves to anyone, genuinely a lack of interested caused by asexuality, religious reasons, a lot more popular self-help guru books advising people to remain celibate to find a sense of fulfilment.... and if you are living in the UK its probably because you would like to enjoy more than 2 minutes of sex
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Probably also the fact that everyone's generally busier with other things these days, people probably shagged as entertainment in those days but now we've got endless ways of occupying ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    People have become boring and obsessed with being responsible. It's so tedious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    For married guys 18-24, 66% have sex more than twice a week.

SS
    :eek: The wife's in for trouble tonight.:stomp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    you're an absolute joke, how old are you?
    Looks like I hit a nerve, huh?

ReputationRep:
    Also our generation struggle to get on the housing rental market and also struggle to buy our own homes. For a lot of us we are stuck living with our parents until our late twenties.

Also nightclubs have massively declined (places where young people traditionally hook up). In a lot of cities it's all about craft ale bars and bar / club hybrids. Sticky floors, overpriced drinks, shouting over loud commercial dance and ******* bouncers have lost their appeal. The big city nighttime economy now appeals more to +30 year olds rather than young people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizardlenny)
    **** man I'm 20 and still a virgin. I'm sure someone out there feels better about themselves right now...
    You're still young as hell. Focus on yourself, improve your health, go to the gym, etc. Your time will come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I thought everyone on TSR was celibate either because they were Muslim or asexual? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a good thing that sex is becoming less of a thing. We've had ninety years to get all excited about it, and maybe when the novelty's worn off we can just enjoy it because it feels good. We need to inject some morals back into society IMO anyway - which doesn't mean less sex, it just means taking more care who you do it with.
    Same I thought the same exact thing as well. It's like everyone on TSR complains about being a virgin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will comment in the same manner as I did on another thread.

Anime

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.