Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got a first class in my first year of uni. AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    That's impressive. Well done, just shows persistency and hard work pay off in the end

ReputationRep:
    You are the best person in the world I love you sweetie,

Your mom

ReputationRep:
    But can you do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catholicgirl)
    I got over 70% in all my modules (I study Economics).
    Are you doing BA or Bsc Economics? I went to Leicester too and did BSc Economics and got a first overall as well as in the first year.
    Is it still heavily multiple choice in the first year, seem to remember Macro and Micro were heavily multiple choice with some written long questions too.
    Who is your favourite lecturer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Are you doing BA or Bsc Economics? I went to Leicester too and did BSc Economics and got a first overall as well as in the first year.
    Is it still heavily multiple choice in the first year, seem to remember Macro and Micro were heavily multiple choice with some written long questions too.
    Who is your favourite lecturer?
    I'm doing BA Economics. Well done for getting a first, what job are you doing now?
    The Micro and Macro exams were multiple choice then there was an essay at the end.

My favorite lecturer would have to be Eyal Winter or Martin Kaae Jensen (he is so hilarious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    But can you do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?
    Probably LOL:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing BA Economics. Well done for getting a first, what job are you doing now?
    The Micro and Macro exams were multiple choice then there was an essay at the end.

My favorite lecturer would have to be Eyal Winter or Martin Kaae Jensen (he is so hilarious)
    Hi, I am currently a management accountant working for a company that produces display units for L'Oréal, Christian dior etc and studying for Acca qualification.
    I think most of the lecturers may have changed but then again I did Bsc, at least you will not have econometrics. Still remember one of my third year lectures for that and not understanding anything for the whole lecture.
    My advice would be that second year is a jump and pick your options wisely as if there something you prefer, I.e written or numerical or finance modules, pick those as you will tend to do better. Also, pass rates are available which can help you to decide.

Anyway good luck and I hope all the best for you in your degree.

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how much time did you spend revising/studying per week or day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealOne.)
    Roughly how much time did you spend revising/studying per week or day?
    During term time I spent most of my time completing coursework so I would try to study for at least an hour Monday to Friday to go over the lecture notes and tutorial work.

Then on weekends about 6 hours +. During the Christmas and Easter holidays I revised crazy hours about 5 hours a days.

Therefore, during term time 13 hours a week and during holidays 35 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    what's an indifference curve?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know anything about the stock market?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreifusser.)
    what's an indifference curve?
    An indifference curve is a line showing all the combinations of two goods which give a consumer equal utility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h89034g)
    Do you know anything about the stock market?
    I know a lot about the stock market through my own research. I enjoy watching the Bloomberg news channel to learn more about the stock markets as I find it really exciting.
    In the past I have set up demo accounts on trading platforms where I have made a bit of profit (virtual). Moreover, I taught myself how to use the various technical indicators to aid in predicting price movements (my favorite indicators being the Exponential Moving Average and the RSI).
    In future when I have saved enough money I hope to trade with real money!
    If it wasn't for my poor A level grades I would have considered pursuing a career in Investment Banking but I have decided to go for a career in the Civil Service as an Economist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedSoul)
    No one gives a $hit b*tch!!! Go kill yourself!!
    Well someone is jealous of my success I won't kill myself because I love life.
    If no one gave a **** then WHY am I getting compliments and people asking how I achieved my first.
    You seem like such an angry and disturbed person (as your username suggests). Don't worry I will pray for you (seriously I will !)

ReputationRep:
    Well someone is jealous of my success I won't kill myself because I love life.
    If no one gave a **** then WHY am I getting compliments and people asking how I achieved my first.
    You seem like such an angry and disturbed person (as your username suggests). Don't worry I will pray for you (seriously I will !)
    You fed the troll

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.