Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "You will get an A*."

ReputationRep:
    My psychology teacher told everyone this year that we can't retake the exams next year.....

Complete rubbish and people believed her as well....

ReputationRep:
    We wouldn't be tested on the structure of 2,4-dnp in our chemistry exam (still not over that)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "This topic hasn't come up in 5 years so it will definitely be in the paper"
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    In primary they told us that high school locked toilet doors to stop us going in lessons - it didn't happen for us

ReputationRep:
    Lol in year 11 my maths teacher said that noone in the class will get a B or below :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Everything at science GCSE is a lie. When you move up to A level and bam, sorry guys, the lock and key theory was ******** we just thought you were too dumb at the time. etc

ReputationRep:
    "Removing your common area will promote you students to work harder and use the time for private study instead"

Half of what we learnt in Chemistry GCSE (although they did keep telling us that it would be different later on ;P )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    This is a golden thread. Join in with the discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with the chance of winning an iPad air 2!

I remember being in reception, so only about 4 or 5, and our teacher told us that a rocket was going to the moon that day and if we worked really really quietly we'd be able to hear it take-off..

It totally worked. We were silent for the whole day, but never did hear that rocket go off.

What are the fibs your teachers told you at school to get you to be quiet, or stop asking silly questions?
    That if you were late for a job you'd get fired. I am late for my part time job pretty much every shift and I haven't got fired yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because " they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it" no you didn't boss.
    omg, my teacher said the exact same to me as i used to keep rocking my chair

ReputationRep:
    In year 6 I remember throwing a piece of scrunched up paper across the class and I got into serious trouble for it. I was told that it will be in my file and will stop me from getting a job or getting into secondary school, lol.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    In year 6 I remember throwing a piece of scrunched up paper across the class and I got into serious trouble for it. I was told that it will be in my file and will stop me from getting a job or getting into secondary school, lol.
    That's a bit harsh! Wow! Did you believe them?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    In year 10 we were told "your work experience week really, really matters - it is a huge deal"

What rubbish that was. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me that life gets better after school.

ReputationRep:
    In physics, our teacher told us there was going to be an eclipse and if we wanted to see it, we would have to work in silence and he would take us outside to see it for ourselves.
    At the end of the lesson, he just turned the lights out and that was the 'eclipse' we had all been waiting for..

ReputationRep:
    She-Ra thanks for the rep
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    My classics teacher promised us all pizza if we spread word throughout the school about the classics department. Intake for classics has doubled but we've had no sign of the pizza/
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman_17)
    She-Ra thanks for the rep
    You're welcome
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    not a big one but "you heart is to the left of your chest"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.