The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
penny_lane89
Ah good, Ive always felt that Ravenclaws are practically ignored in the books up till when Cho and Luna were introduced. In my opinion theyre possibly the most powerful house, being clever and all...knowledge is a powerful tool and all that.

Techinally, the Ravenclaws are still ignored as we interact very little with members of that house and there was no mention of their ghost in the books (JK said it was the Grey Lady) and most of us had to figure out that Flitwich was the Head of Ravenclaw by ourselfs.
Reply 21
I just assumed that she'd been put in to set her up for a bigger role in the final book. :smile: I love Luna.
Dude
Techinally, the Ravenclaws are still ignored as we interact very little with members of that house and there was no mention of their ghost in the books (JK said it was the Grey Lady) and most of us had to figure out that Flitwich was the Head of Ravenclaw by ourselfs.

Yes this Grey Lady. She is the Ravenclaw ghost but in the books she is not called the Grey Lady, JK Rowling had to confirm that in an interview. It was the same as Dude said about the Head of House being Flitwick we had to guess. Why doesnt she mention these things? I know Ron and Harry have met this woman but she has not introduced herself. Is this perhaps a fault of the author or is this significant for the Deathly Hallows?
Reply 23
crap i wrote something in the wrong thread:redface:

i just realised how muh luna resembled this one character in azumanga daioh. both characters are so similar i'm amazed i didn't notice it before:eek: wonder if JKR watches anime afterall.

@pennylane
nah, what about hufflepuff? that one's scarcely mentioned, except ernie the goody-goody 'pompous' prefect.
Reply 24
Chezua

@pennylane
nah, what about hufflepuff? that one's scarcely mentioned, except ernie the goody-goody 'pompous' prefect.

Well, they (Harrys lot) have lessons with the hufflepuffs, Justin Finch Fletchley and his crew were mentioned loads in the 2nd book, Cedric was the Hufflepuff Champion, and Hepzibah's Hufflepuff horcrux was discussed a lot. I do agree though that its not mentioned often, but it definitely is mentioned much much more than Ravenclaw.
Reply 25
Luna is a great character, shes like the anti-Hermione

I think she'll have an important role because of the whole Ravenclaw will have there day, and she's the most important Ravenclaw in the book, Cho was only there for Harrys love interest..
Reply 26
Luna and Harry FTW :biggrin:

I didn't really care much for Luna when reading the book but after seeing the movie.. she was played so good and I quite like her now!!
Reply 27
Deathly Hallows
Yes this Grey Lady. She is the Ravenclaw ghost but in the books she is not called the Grey Lady, JK Rowling had to confirm that in an interview. It was the same as Dude said about the Head of House being Flitwick we had to guess. Why doesnt she mention these things? I know Ron and Harry have met this woman but she has not introduced herself. Is this perhaps a fault of the author or is this significant for the Deathly Hallows?

Its simply because the information wasn't reverlant to the storyline. We only learnt that Sprout was Head of Hufflepuff in GoF and that was only because of Cedric Diggory's involvement.
It would be a cool twist if Luna's mother is the Grey Lady! :p: She died didnt she from one of her experiments?
Deathly Hallows
It would be a cool twist if Luna's mother is the Grey Lady! :p: She died didnt she from one of her experiments?

It would be cool aye but I think Luna said in OotP that she's not really gone but she's behind the veil. :frown: Surely she would know if her mother was a ghost...

I always had this strange inclination that the Grey Lady was some relation of Harry's. I don't know why but I'll find out this time next week!!!! That is, if we hear any more about her.
Reply 30
I think it relates to the loneliness and isolation Harry felt in OOTP, this character had been through it all her life and was unfazed, and it gave Harry the strength to carry on as well as another person to draw similarieties to.
Reply 31
the Grey Lady? who's this, the ghost of ravenclaw's house?:confused:

@OP
oh well, i suppose you're right. and yeah, i'm sure luna will turn out to be one of the most important people in DH as she has to be associated with this so-called Grey Lady!:eek:
Chezua
the Grey Lady? who's this, the ghost of ravenclaw's house?:confused:

Yup yup! Same way Nearly Headless Nick is Gryffindor's, the Bloody Baron is Slytherin's and the Fat Friar is Hufflepuff's.
Reply 33
when have the books mentioned a grey lady by the way?
penny_lane89
when have the books mentioned a grey lady by the way?

I don't think they have... many once in passing, I'm not quite sure, I seem to remember a bit where they passed a ghost of a woman or something.
I know I've read on a HP website that was giving the facts of the different houses though that the Ravenclaw ghost is definately the Grey Lady so I assume JK gave that information...

EDIT: I just became a Full Member from this post! yay!... sorry... thought I'd share that...
Reply 35
crap, i thought i was the only one who thought it could be lady jane grey :bird:

so what's so special about the Grey Lady?:confused: just finished half-blood and the only suspicious thing that might hint this 'lady' is a mention of a female ghost wafting about.

hmm luna......i swear she is osaka from azumanga daioh.
:indiff:
Reply 36
I love Luna! :biggrin: And the girl who played her in the movie, she's almost what I imagined Luna to be in my mind when reading the book!

Seriously, do none of you guys think Luna fancies Ron? Well in the OoTP at least? I mean, what with her always laughing madly at his jokes, singing 'Weasley is our King!', staring at him, wishing only RON goodluck in his quidditch match when she produced that roaring hat, and then that cute scene from HBP after her hilarious commentary of the match and ron says she's grown on him?

lool I love her! Ok I'm crazy but I hope JKR is planning some twist in DH :biggrin:
Reply 37
What? a hermione-luna-ron love triangle, that certainly could inject some humour into the books :wink:
Reply 38
Hahaha I would love a hermione-ron-luna love triangle! :biggrin:
Reply 39
rozzy

Seriously, do none of you guys think Luna fancies Ron? Well in the OoTP at least? I mean, what with her always laughing madly at his jokes, singing 'Weasley is our King!', staring at him, wishing only RON goodluck in his quidditch match when she produced that roaring hat, and then that cute scene from HBP after her hilarious commentary of the match and ron says she's grown on him?

I thought that as well after reading OOTP! Thought I was the only one who thought so, Im glad you do as well! Although i never bothered to mention it cos I think its pretty obvious Ron and Hermione will get together...but I think Ron and Luna would be cute...

Latest