ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyMisty)
    Do you think I should?
    NO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    NO!
    Oh I thought you might have put that gif up to say I should

A good plastic surgeon can do wonders to ugly people (see Kim Kardashian). For now you should concentrate on things you're directly in control of: body, make up, acne and confidence. If you improve these things you may not need surgery. This advice is coming from an ugly guy looking to become a better version of himself.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is beautiful and if someone thinks otherwise then its their loss! Don't surround yourself with such negativity because you're better than that. I've been called ugly so much that it used to make me feel ashamed but to be honest I don't care anymore I just put all of my energy and brain into my studies so when one day I become successful (which I hope I do) I can go back to them and show them that my brain brought me further than your [person who called you ugly] looks ever would. By that point you'll look at yourself and realise that you are beautiful just the way you are. <3

ReputationRep:
    Somehow get rid of the spots, change your hair style and smile.

Apparently i just look like I'm constantly wearing eyeliner. But I'm a guy

ReputationRep:
    Wow
    You are definitely not ugly babe

ReputationRep:
    It may sound cliche, but a good smile makes a person 10 times more attractive. I only point this out because in your picture you are not smiling. You should

ReputationRep:
    You're beautiful. Don't worry about what others think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i just dont look at myself

ReputationRep:
    I may get some (alot?) of hate for this but, can we just be real here for a second? Blindly calling someone a 7/8 out of 10, and everyone saying 'oh you're so beautiful don't listen to anyone else' because you want to artificially foster self-esteem in someone else so that you feel like a good person is just plain unhelpful.

OP, I'm not saying you're ugly. But you could look better. But there's absolutely nothing permanently wrong with your appearance. When your spots clear up, and if you (just my suggestions) straighten/do something more with your hair, maybe add a very light bit of, tastefully applied make up, and smile a bit more you'd look really damn good. Like the kind of girl who makes a guy's head turn. Most importantly though, you need to feel like you're attractive. That is, you need to accept your beauty, and your flaws along with it, otherwise no amount of beautifying will ever be enough.

And disclaimer, I'm not trying to sound like some condescending hotshot who thinks he's the ****. I struggle with the same feelings of ugliness, and it's never, ever helped me for people to just say 'aww hun you're gorgeous' it just creates a larger disparity between my self-image and reality.

What's helped is learning to accept what I look like, trying to look my best when possible, and most importantly realising having a dull face and a confident, funny & kind personality is far less of a turn-off than having the body of a Ryan Gosling with the personality of a Donald Trump. Well, all of that and the people close to me saying I need to wipe the drool off my face and get a haircut once in a ****ing while.

ReputationRep:
    When people first meet you, or someone else, they generally get their first impressions from the way you look. The sad reality is that good-looking people will always be treated better, while ugly people not so much.

Forget about others - most people are selfish. It's human nature. People won't care care if you die tomorrow, except for your parents and siblings, maybe other family, and if you're lucky, a best friend if you have one.

You can forget about other by focusing on yourself. Go swimming, hiking, walk your dogs. If you don't have a dog, then consider getting one. Shooting ranges, cooking, gardening, sports and cycling are all great too. Once you immerse yourself in activities, you take pleasure in bettering yourself, and then you care less about catching others' attention. In fact, once you actually start being productive with your time, people notice anyway, but you still don't care much.

Be fit. I'm sure you've heard this one before. Eat foods that are healthy and nutritional, exercise, take care of your skin, and don't gorge yourself because you never want to end up fat.

Style your hair, and wear decent clothes. Forget about makeup, or go light on it. You don't want to pretend to be a prettier version of what could have been.

That's all I have.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you may feel ugly but I can assure you you aren't in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    there isn't really much you can do if you're ugly

just try and make your self look better, by using makeup, taking good care of yourself and skin and wearing nice clothes

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're ugly. And i'm being brutally honest..
    I also have a lot of confidence issues thinking whether i'm 'pretty' but I find that if my friends and family or even strangers, then I'm not loving myself.

Try making a list of things you like about yourself instead of self deprecating. It helped me. Don't let what you perceive as your flaws, ruin your confidence.

If you wanna talk privately, send me a message x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyMisty)
    You got huge potential, what you talking about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.