Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only one who thinks paninis are rubbish? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I love paninis. Especially the ones in a little shop called Meltz that's in town..

The ones they did at college were ok, but you could tell they didn't do the properly..

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like them actually. My dad keeps going to buy the bread so he can make them at home but I refuse. I don't like them out or at home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uk_chip)
    OMG what was the phrase.. those who dont like panina jsut arent buying them in teh right place....
    i agree with that!! At my college they did paninis, and they were amazing! But ive had them other places and they just aren't that nice.. which is a shame

ReputationRep:
    The things that you get sold in shops described as 'panini' rarely do the name justice. It's like people who go to Pizza Hut and believe they've had a real Pizza. Nice though it is, it's circular, and that's where the similarity ends. If you go to a Pizzeria in Milan you'll get a completely different class of food. There are some good Panini sold in shops, but they're normally a bit overpriced, and they're still not as good as the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true, I went to an Italian pizzeria and asked for Pepperoni and they didn't know what I was talking about!

ReputationRep:
    I really need to stop spending so much time in H and R. I thought the title said Am I the only one who thinks penises are rubbish? *nutter*

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I love them dearly.

ReputationRep:
    They're ridiculously sickeningly expensive at Starbucks. However I do quite like them from there They're not amazing but they're alright and good for when you're hungry and want something a bit upmarket! They could do with a bit more filling though.

I guess you could term the toasties they gave us at school at lunch as paninis, as they were on that panini kinda bread...I used to live on them!

ReputationRep:
    I like them, but yes, they can be a bit expensive.

ReputationRep:
    "A panini"? "Paninis"? "Panini's"?!?! Good god, my eyes...

I really really hate the person who brought this word into this country wrongly. You can't HAVE "paninis". The singular is "panino", the plural is "panini". You can have two panini. Not two paninis. Not one panini. Two panini.

Unfortunately, because of the bozo who corrupted this word, I have to listen to corruptions as listed in the first line of this post, and I have to feel like a total tit if I ask for "a panini" (because it's wrong) or for "a panino" (because I get looked at like I'm a loser by the bozo in the Italian food shop who doesn't actually know any Italian).

:mad: :mad:

(for the record, I think panini are yummy )

ReputationRep:
    I had one of the best paninis of my life in Montpellier - courgette, aubergine, onion and melted cheese Delicious, I loved it.

Wow, I had a lot of good food experiences in Montpellier :eek:!

ReputationRep:
    My college used to sell the best paninis ever. period. It was so worth the £1.65 everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    I really need to stop spending so much time in H and R. I thought the title said Am I the only one who thinks penises are rubbish? *nutter*
    hehe thats the sort of thing i do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    Nope, I love them dearly.
    Heh heh. I quite like panini, yes, if they are done right. The cafe I used to work in did them, and some of the pronunciations I heard were horrendous. How can anyone read "Panini" as "Panny" :confused:

I remember trying to explain to some woman what it was. I tried my best, but when she got it she sent it back because "It is cooked - I didn't ask for it cooked" :rolleyes:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.