Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgil.)
    Yo dont have to categorise yourself. Society will do it for you.
    Luckily i dont give a fig what society thinks i am. My girlfriend likes who i am, my friends like who i am and most importantly I like who i am

Pretty much all else can go screw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    You mean this one?!?!?!

****ing greek letters piss me the **** off.
    Yep, that's the one :toofunny:

Preach!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Luckily i dont give a fig what society thinks i am. My girlfriend likes who i am, my friends like who i am and most importantly I like who i am

Pretty much all else can go screw
    das it mane. That is the attitude to have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    You mean this one?!?!?!

****ing greek letters piss me the **** off.
    You were in the army - what did you serve as exactly?

Also, the army isnt everyday life. It's a completely different world with completely different rules to everyday life.

But fundamentally there's no alpha, beta etc in the army because you're not competing against each other. Without competition these concepts are irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious, what are the female equivalents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I'm curious, what are the female equivalents?
    There aren't any. Women are all the same.

This is a fact that has been proven by the collective experience of men throughout the ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I am a wo-man
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol:
    worst-man?

I kid.

I'm the type that makes a TSR thread asking people which greek letter they are.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't any. Women are all the same.

This is a fact that has been proven by the collective experience of men throughout the ages.
    I am disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Once you get past 25 you don't really give a toss about any of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by XOR_)
    worst-man?

I kid.

I'm the type that makes TSR threads asking people which greek letter they are.

bin-man = xor
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol jk artist-man = xor :yep:
    High pive :lol: same

ReputationRep:
    I would like a man to be a mix of alpha and gamma :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I would like a man to be a mix of alpha and gamma :sexface:
    You want a man who is unremarkable?....:rolleyes:

Also, to the guys if it wasnt clear, its the Alphas then Sigmas who are at the top of the sexual totem pole. Gammas next, then Betas, and then a huge gap until you get to Omega.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    Once you get past 25 you don't really give a toss about any of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, unfortunately it doesnt disappear when you reach 25 (also see edit to my first post with an example)

It never really disappears as long as you are in social situations and there is competition between males for some resource, whatever it may be (women, promotions, popularity, etc)

ReputationRep:
    What is this, Brave New World?

(I seem to fluctuate between sigma and beta. Currently in no-man's land)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The **** is this pseudoscience ********?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What is this, Brave New World?

(I seem to fluctuate between sigma and beta. Currently in no-man's land)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our world is like the world in the book in many ways. The class system being the most obvious example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcthorpe)
    The **** is this pseudoscience ********?
    Its not pseudoscience, its dude-o-science :lol:

lols i know that's a crap joke, but you must allow me life's small pleasures

ReputationRep:
    x
    Let's talk about being a man. I don't want this to come off as lecturing you but this is my experience.

The core of a man is sacrifice. Are you willing to fight for what you believe in? Are you willing to defend that which is important to you even if it means your life, your reputation, your money?

The world doesn't need any more swaggering gym rats only concerned with themselves.

To do this you need physical and mental strength and the strength of purpose to see things through to the end.

What your Greek letters philosophy don't take into account is that a man isn't one thing he's exactly what he needs to be.

To my son, I'm a conquering hero to scare all the monsters away. To my daughter, I'm a constant source of encouragement and security. To my wife, a lover. In my job I'm a soldier and a leader but I'm about to become a student too and that will take different skills again.

In any given day, I'll be every Greek letter imaginable because I try to give to each person and each scenario exactly what they need. Sometimes you need to be a follower, sometimes a leader, sometimes a loner, sometimes you even need to take the *****y jobs and be a loser too.

The person that is always trying to be a leader, always needs to be a loner or never cares what people think is basically a sociopath.

SS

ReputationRep:
    I am Nestor Makhno, commander of the Revolutionary Insurrectionary Army of Ukraine.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a beta

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.