Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you live with a Leave voter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The question ought to be: "would you live with someone who posted such an ad?".

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Those girls are immature as hell. What are they going to do in the workplace when they come up agaisnt someone they don't like for whatever reason. Walk out of the room? Refuse to work? They are extra immature if they are doctors or nurses because they will need to treat patients and remain impartial. They need to grow up and get out of their safe space bubble

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is weird, I would live with whoever made a good housemate. I don't care at all about their politics (so long as they weren't anything extreme)

ReputationRep:
    I've had people on Facebook say "if you voted leave then please unfriend me" so I kind of believe you...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I've had people on Facebook say "if you voted leave then please unfriend me" so I kind of believe you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah one friend on mine posted a status "if you voted leave wtf. remove yourself from my friend's list" if I recall correctly.
    I didn't, that'll show her...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's not like anyone in the general public would know unless you disclosed what your vote was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Yeah one friend on mine posted a status "if you voted leave wtf. remove yourself from my friend's list" if I recall correctly.
    I didn't, that'll show her...
    I voted remain but was tempted to tell them to grow the **** up, nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I voted remain but was tempted to tell them to grow the **** up, nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think a lot of the more vitriolic people simply had not been exposed to any leave opinions in their own social circles, only seeing the uglier side of it in odious flag-bearers like Gove and Johnson, and those videos of random old people giving simplistic, immigration-focused answers. The leave vote came to be associated with far-right, anti-immigration, anti-inclusion, anti-liberty ideals, when for many voters it wasn't about that at all. We're seeing the same vitriol and generalisations levied at Donald Trump supporters, and perhaps a similar failure to listen to genuine concerns could see the basket case into the White House...

ReputationRep:
    Half of my family voted leave. It doesn't mean I wouldn't live with them😂

ReputationRep:
    a little extreme (and stupid) tbh

ReputationRep:
    I am a leave voter and I live with leave voters

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.