Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clint Eastwood Slams ‘Pussy Generation’. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lefties response to Clint Eastwood's comments be like....

TRIGGERED

ReputationRep:
    People do go over the top with political correctness now so I do think Clint has a point, but we do need to have laws against discrimination and racism. You can't just say anything you want. We need clearer guidelines and education on what is and what is not acceptable, because sometimes it's difficult to determine what someone will and will not find offensive. Clint Eastwood is just an actor so who cares what he thinks. Donald Trump is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    He does seem like a racist to be fair.However I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want short of inciting violence.If you begin to control what people can and cant say then how long is it until you're not allowed to even think certain things.Its totalitarian.

ReputationRep:
    Lol agree 100%.

People need to understand you can criticise or joke about something without being offensive. I miss sickipedia looool

ReputationRep:
    Who cares he'll be dead soon.

ReputationRep:
    Clint is correct. The problem I have with his comment is he understated the problem. Probably out of fear of offending someone.

ReputationRep:
    Clint Eastwood is a real ****ing man though

ReputationRep:
    He's right.

This will be remembered as the era when people were obsessed with being offended by everything. When grown-ass adults acted like children, perpetually crying about non-issues and melodramatically making mountains out of molehills whenever they heard something they disagreed with. When people demanded mommy government fight all their battles and breastfeed them well into their 30s. And if it didn't, they'd throw a tantrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    He's right.

This will be remembered as the era when people were obsessed with being offended by everything. When grown-ass adults acted like children, perpetually crying about non-issues and melodramatically making mountains out of molehills whenever they heard something they disagreed with. When people demanded mommy government fight all their battles and breastfeed them well into their 30s. And if it didn't, they'd throw a tantrum.

ReputationRep:
    clint's right
    I don't care what I say so what I offend someone
    hence how come I didn't follow the systematic box the government forces on us
    and how I made £70,000 this year so far at 21 and most haven't I'd expect
    this generation of f**kwit millennials who vote for Corbyn or the green party when lib dem make the most sense
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you bring up the rise in uni fees that was conservative controlled like the whole of goverment was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    He's right.

You have a problem with breastfeeding? you dirty misogynist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New_Frontiers)
    Is voting for Donald Trump an act of bravery or stupidity, though? That is the question. Would the rebellious and strong generations who lived during the Cold War willingly vote for a man who allies himself with Putin and wants to test US restrictions on nuclear weapons?
    Well the alternative is someone with ties to Saudis and who wants to destabilise the Middle East because her efforts so far haven't done enough damage.

I don't get how improving relationships between countries is a bad thing, surely it is worse to antagonise Putin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    he's 100% right. the last time there was such a culture of offence, it was called the dark ages. this is almost like a new dark age.

Haha, what?

ReputationRep:
    "He's onto something"
    Yea, a bleak future of ignorance and fu*k-wittery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    People are too scared to say what they think because they're scared of offending people with their views and concerns. Trump isn't scared to say things that might offend a few people.
    A FEW PEOPLE?! Like the comment he made about the mother of the soldier that died in war and said "shes not speaking because her religion doesnt let her".

when she was simply over whelmed by the over-life size posters of her dead son that she thought if she spoke she would break down into tears.

I dont know ANYONE who didn't think that was absolutely horrible! When i heard that on the radio i was absolutly agasht!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...856_story.html

ReputationRep:
    Don't even know who this bloke is ...

ReputationRep:
    The real questions is: who cares what Hollywood thinks? Sure, Eastwood is like 100 years old so he doesn't represent Hollywood-style liberalism. But he's as ignorant as anyone in Hollywood. He's an actor and a director, not some sociologist with 20K citations and 100 studies on discrimination and racism.

So yeah, who gives a **** what Clint thinks? make a spaghetti western film and shut up about things you know nothing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    shut up you evil nazi i'm triggered.
    Then see a therapist.

ReputationRep:
    Political correctness doesn't only embody condemning people who verbally abused women and ethnic minorities. A commenter on one of the articles made an excellent point:
    "... And so, in the doddering drooling stage of his career, Clint Eastwood finally delivers a performance worthy of an Oscar for hypocrisy. "Political Correctness sickens me!" declares the man who gave us the party-line establishment-ass-kissing propaganda hagiography called "American Sniper".

The strongest, widest, deepest current of Political Correctness in American society is the religious doctrine that Americans Are Exceptional! Our Troops (TM) are Always The Good Guys!! You want to see Political Correctness in action? Just try telling some people that American troops are in the wrong when they invade and occupy other peoples' countries - and that those people have a right to fight back in their countries, and that it is not terrorism when you fight off an invading army in your own country. Then wait for the howls of outrage at such "politically incorrect" speech...

So Clint Eastwood puts together the most cowardly politically-correct propaganda movie that shows how the brave occupying American soldiers in Iraq just HAD to kill 9 year-old boys and women...but only because Iraqis are like Injuns in westerns - and even the 9 year-olds and mothers were dangerous to Our Troops!. This degree of official-party-line political correctness would have made even the Nazis in Inglorious Basterds say "Wait...isn't this a little one-sided?" You want to see cowardly political correctness? Exhibit A: "American Sniper". But here is Eastwood now, trying to convince himself (and us) that political correctness actually means he can't call people n***** anymore without some push back."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    ---
    What he's saying still holds some truth, regardless of how hypocritical or bad a person he is. He's not even saying he agrees with Trump, he's noting the important fact that Trump is "on to something". And it is true that language policing has become obsessive, that people are often walking on eggshells nowadays, and that people are often scared to give their unfiltered opinion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.