Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    My boyfriend has been driving since he passed his test two years ago (I haven't driven since) so he's going to be the main driver...and I'm looking at either a one or a cooper depending on which one i like more, a 2007-2009 model =)
    Ahh makes sense lmao.Where-as i only passed like 2 months ago , and this will be my first car.

I'm going with the Mini One. Coopers cost a lot more to insure (unfortunately)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    Ahh makes sense lmao.Where-as i only passed like 2 months ago , and this will be my first car.

I'm going with the Mini One. Coopers cost a lot more to insure (unfortunately)
    Ah right, for me the insurance was near enough the same =P

I'll probably gonna go for the one, they're slightly cheaper (to buy) but i want a post 2007 model cause it's got an aux cable from 2007 =P

How much are you spending on the car ? =)

ReputationRep:
    Car: Volkswagen Polo
    Cost: £4000
    Diesel: £40 per week
    Insurance: about £450 for the year
    Tax: £30
    I got new tyres recently for about £160, service is about £200, and other bits and pieces throughout the year probably come to another £500 at the most.*

ReputationRep:
    1st Car: 2003 Nissan Navara. I put about £70 of fuel into it every couple of weeks, I'd get about 350 miles out of a tank. Insurance was a non issue because I was on the family company insurance, I think it was an extra £50 to put me on it.

2nd Car: 1992 MX5. £750 to buy. £40 of fuel every couple of weeks, about 300 miles out of a tank. Insurance was £1100, I was 20 at the time. Tax was about £200 IIRC. Scrapping the car cost me £30 when the engine seized after 200,000 miles. ;(

3rd Car: 2016 C Class: £7k deposit, £350 a month. About £80 in fuel every couple of weeks, about 450 miles out of a tank. Insurance is £1200, I'm 21. Tax was about £100?

A mini won't cost you £500 a month to run.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 19, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.