Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatgr)
    I want to go out and drink for freshers but don't know what to do about tickets and wristbands, my sister advised me not to buy any but everyone seems to be buying a ticket or wristband of some kind. Seems stupid to me because you don't know if your flat mates will be going yet, but I don't want to be left out
    Hey, I'm a second year at UoB and I would recommend getting one of the official Guild tickets (whether you wanna get the expensive one or not that's your choice!). Nearly everyone gets this one if they enjoy going out, and you get a paper ticket pack so if you want to bail on an event then you can easily sell it to someone else. I wouldn't recommend getting any of the icebreaker/initiation/superfresh ones, no-one really goes to them even though they claim that they sell out. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ao_no_exorcist21)
    Haven't really heard anything back from accommodations so not too sure yet, although I might move in on the 17th.
    I'm doing Mechanical Engineering
    Lol same engineers everwhere

ReputationRep:
    advice on accommodation as Birmingham is my insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    advice on accommodation as Birmingham was insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghan.ginger)
    Hey, I'm a second year at UoB and I would recommend getting one of the official Guild tickets (whether you wanna get the expensive one or not that's your choice!). Nearly everyone gets this one if they enjoy going out, and you get a paper ticket pack so if you want to bail on an event then you can easily sell it to someone else. I wouldn't recommend getting any of the icebreaker/initiation/superfresh ones, no-one really goes to them even though they claim that they sell out. Good luck!
    Thanks, I bought the £55 wristband

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.