Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

University of Leicester Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael9847)
    Cool, was Mary Gee your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I was initially assigned Freemans commons, but I managed to get transferred to Mary Gee, as it looked like it had more of a social environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewTucker125)
    Hi, I'm staying in the Pavilions too! At last there's somebody XD
    Hey, I'm in the Pavilions too! Have you been given a room number or flat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3zz4)
    Hey, I'm in the Pavilions too! Have you been given a room number or flat?
    Great Not yet, no - They seem to be taking a while! Slightly worrying as my course starts on the 19th, but I suppose that is still 3 weeks away. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christiehall)
    Yeah I am! Whereabouts are you staying?
    Nice to find another medic I've been allocated The Pavilions, Medbourne building, how about you??

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am! I've been searching for another for a while now haha It seems we're rather reclusive when it comes to TSR Whereabouts is your accommodation?
    Haha i definitely agree, it's nice to finally find another medic I've been allocated The Pavilions, Medbourne building, Floor 4 ,how about you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leepcool)
    Well, I was initially assigned Freemans commons, but I managed to get transferred to Mary Gee, as it looked like it had more of a social environment.
    I didn't even apply for Mary Gee, but I'm still happy I got it, and yh it does seem more social than the other city accommodations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxmx)
    Haha i definitely agree, it's nice to finally find another medic I've been allocated The Pavilions, Medbourne building, Floor 4 ,how about you??
    Absolutely I'm in the Pavilions too! Though I'm ground floor of Foxton

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely I'm in the Pavilions too! Though I've not been given a building yet :/
    That's great, we might see each other around, especially if you happen to be in the same building. It'll be a (hopefully nice) surprise for you when you do find out your building. You excited for introweek?

ReputationRep:
    Great Not yet, no - They seem to be taking a while! Slightly worrying as my course starts on the 19th, but I suppose that is still 3 weeks away. What about you?
    I haven't been given it either :/ I don't start until the 27th though. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxmx)
    That's great, we might see each other around, especially if you happen to be in the same building. It'll be a (hopefully nice) surprise for you when you do find out your building. You excited for introweek?
    Actually, having just had another look, I was being stupid and not reading the contract properly XD I'm on the gound floor of Foxton! I think I'm excited and deeply apprehensive in equal measure! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graceellen26)
    Starting at Leicester in September to do Psychology ☺️☺️ Staying in The Pavilions
    Heyy, nice to find someone else staying in the Pavilions as well! what building have you been allocated??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3zz4)
    I haven't been given it either :/ I don't start until the 27th though. What are you studying?
    I've just looked again at mine, it's under the 'Contract Documents' link on your accommodation page Medicine And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael9847)
    I didn't even apply for Mary Gee, but I'm still happy I got it, and yh it does seem more social than the other city accommodations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is, Mary Gee is mostly first years and has a mix of single sex and mixed flats and has a nicer community feel imo, the other city accommodations can be a little isolated. Oadby is a great place to live as with John Foster and Gms being close to each other, the majority of social events and plans start from Oadby towards town. There will be events where you will go out in your accommodation throughout the year, i.e. A colour band for Mary Gee, JOhn foster, GMS etc.. A great way to get to know who lives in your area.

I would say Opal Court looked a little isolated, in that in was full of post grads and internationals when I was a student and so if you were an undergraduate, you would tend to have to meet others on the way to some of the social events*

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked again at mine, it's under the 'Contract Documents' link on your accommodation page Medicine And you?
    Awesome!! Thanks, and medical genetics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3zz4)
    Awesome!! Thanks, and medical genetics
    No problem I'm on the ground floor of Foxton, whereabouts are you? Nice! I looked into Medical Genetics before I decided to go for Medicine: Great course, especially with the year in industry

ReputationRep:
    No problem I'm on the ground floor of Foxton, whereabouts are you? Nice! I looked into Medical Genetics before I decided to go for Medicine: Great course, especially with the year in industry
    I'm on the first floor of Foxton! And the new medical building looks amazing, looking forward to handing out at the IV bar in the bio building as well 😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3zz4)
    I'm on the first floor of Foxton! And the new medical building looks amazing, looking forward to handing out at the IV bar in the bio building as well 😃
    Great! I'll probably see you around then Yeah we had a brief tour of it (while still under construction XD) on interview day and it looks great Definitely, the IV looks brilliant and it seemed to have a good atmosphere!

ReputationRep:
    Bowder Court anyone??
    What do ineedfor my bathroom? What is provided?
    Does leicester have a checklist any where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doramontrose1)
    Bowder Court anyone??
    What do ineedfor my bathroom? What is provided?
    Does leicester have a checklist any where?
    I think this may help as this give you a residence living guide.*
    *https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accomm...-guide-2015-16

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else on block 1, first floor of Lasdun?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.