Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, how much do you spend on a handbag? watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Allie4)
    £500 for LV? didn't know you could get LV bags that cheap
    It wasnt really a bag but a purse...still 500 is expensive for anything like this

(Original post by 34908seikj)
    Not a female, and I didn't buy a handbag but I did buy a £500 backpack for school - I got it for a little less but that's the selling price. it's the most I'll probably ever spend on a bag.
    Not that I own any bags worth more than about £25, but if I did I'd never risk taking one to school! My school bag always ends up dirty and roughed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Not that I own any bags worth more than about £25, but if I did I'd never risk taking one to school! My school bag always ends up dirty and roughed up.
    Eh I guess. I've never really looked at it that way, ultimately it's just a bag.

(Original post by 34908seikj)
    Eh I guess. I've never really looked at it that way, ultimately it's just a bag.
    Which you spent £500 on! I'd protect anything I'd spent that much on with my life haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    As a male these prices being mentioned so casually make me frightened and afraid.
    init... how are people not falling over in shock at spending £500 on a handbag...

ReputationRep:
    The most I've spent so far is less than £20 from mostly New Look - my most recent one has lasted forever and I use it every day so I don't see much point in spending more on a handbag. But with regards to backpacks, I'd probably be willing to spend upto £40 for good quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I asked for a Louis Vuitton for my birthday a couple years ago (cost about 700) and I'm still using it now. I'd always go for quality because you do go get what you pay for

ReputationRep:
    if it's not a designer bag then i'd spend anything up to £100, but luxury handbags are an investment. So, it's all relative to what value you place on it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe £25, unless it was for Christmas or something*

ReputationRep:
    I never spend more than £25 on bags because I'm not that picky tbh
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    No more than £20 normally.

ReputationRep:
    Most I'd spend is £45 I think, but it depends on how much you like it / how much money you have and how much use you'd get out of it I guess. I don't think £52 is too bad though. I mean, you've gone to the extent of making a thread about it so you must really like it...

ReputationRep:
    Out of my own money, no more than £100 (My Longchamp, some cute bags/backpacks from newly, tiptop etc). Anything more would require asking my parents :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    £500 for LV? didn't know you could get LV bags that cheap
    The Speedy 30 in Monogram is £550

ReputationRep:
    Probably £200-£300 if it was designer and a good quality so it would last. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Handbags are the only item (Clothing related) where I think I won't spend a lot of money on lol :s Idk why...like I just don't care about them that much? As long as the material isn't bad I don't see why people would spend tons of money on it? Although my Mums hand bag collection is about £5,000lol :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Handbags are the only item (Clothing related) where I think I won't spend a lot of money on lol :s Idk why...like I just don't care about them that much? As long as the material isn't bad I don't see why people would spend tons of money on it? Although my Mums hand bag collection is about £5,000lol :s
    I feel like it's a thing some people appreciate more with age? Because I never used to give two stuffs, but now I've got a list of bags I'd loooove to own :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    & I'm turning 21 this October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    I feel like it's a thing some people appreciate more with age? Because I never used to give two stuffs, but now I've got a list of bags I'd loooove to own :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    & I'm turning 21 this October
    Hmm maybe. I am 18 and maybe ti will hit me in a few years time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Hmm maybe. I am 18 and maybe ti will hit me in a few years time.
    Yeah, I remember during sixth form I did't really give two stuffs, I had a Michael Kors bag as it was just the in thing :lol: but couldn't imagine spending hundreds and hundreds/thousands kinda thing

ReputationRep:
    £50 max

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.