• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Thanks mobbsy, it's definitely noted about this pop up.

Have you experienced any of the technical problems when posting or other bugs and things recently?
    I get some dodgey stuff happening with writing posts, like this text box, which is dependant on what computer I'm on, but not sure why it happens...! It makes making post when it happens incredibly difficult!Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 168
Size:  16.2 KB

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    it's really atrocious, isn't it. :sigh:
    if they ask me to rate tsr;

4/5
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Impressive)
    if they ask me to rate tsr;

4/5
    A fair score.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There were the whole website timing out issues a while ago but these seem to have been largely fixed. Yesterday the site seemed to be down for a while, not sure if that was just me (can't remember the error message). I would also like the Clearing pop ups to go away though...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    For me the site has been quite buggy lately. It's slow at loading both on wifi and mobile data, notifications wouldn't show for a while and then there was the annoying clearing pop up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Annoyance at how the CT are deliberately ignoring all the complaints about the Clearing pop up.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's Friday afternoon, I'm in the mood to chat. Let's talk about us.

What I want to know is, how have you been finding the technical running of the site recently? Have you had any problems accessing the site?

Tell me EVERYTHING.
    When I type something in the search bar and results come up I can't access it because a grey kinda screen comes up saying 'whoops lets try that again' or something like that. Also, gateway time outs and not being able to post a lot because 'whoops, something went wrong' or something like that. It's annoying when you're trying to look up an old thread
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Annoyance at how the CT are deliberately ignoring all the complaints about the Clearing pop up.
    all of us just suffering like

ReputationRep:
    A bit random but the student room was cited in my local newspaper the other day and they mentioned a survey about apprenticeships or something. On topic, the website has been running fine but sometimes when I post it says there is a database error however my message still gets posted
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    all of us just suffering like
    I had to audit 14 PCs yesterday, and because the software takes so long to run, I logged onto TSR while doing most (if not all) of them. And it came up each time. :sigh:

...and again on my own PC after I got home, just when I thought I was safe. :bawling:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I had to audit 14 PCs yesterday, and because the software takes so long to run, I logged onto TSR while doing most (if not all) of them. And it came up each time. :sigh:

...and again on my own PC after I got home, just when I thought I was safe. :bawling:
    LMAO :rofl:
    O gosh, that must've been annoying. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It's all right but leaving the house is much better
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Well, it's Friday afternoon, I'm in the mood to chat. Let's talk about us.

What I want to know is, how have you been finding the technical running of the site recently? Have you had any problems accessing the site?

Tell me EVERYTHING.
    When is the new app coming out if you don't mind me asking?

Why can't there be a search box when you click on people's profiles to see what threads they have posted on.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Why can't there be a search box when you click on people's profiles to see what threads they have posted on.
    If you go on their profile, then My Stats tab, and then choose either option about viewing threads they've started or posts...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    There were the whole website timing out issues a while ago but these seem to have been largely fixed. Yesterday the site seemed to be down for a while, not sure if that was just me (can't remember the error message). I would also like the Clearing pop ups to go away though...
    Don't think it was just you, pretty sure there was some kind of problem for me as well!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by neal95)
    A bit random but the student room was cited in my local newspaper the other day and they mentioned a survey about apprenticeships or something.
    That's cool, that's the work of our PR guru @MarleyZ

(Original post by neal95)
    On topic, the website has been running fine but sometimes when I post it says there is a database error however my message still gets posted
    Thanks - that's interesting about the posting, have you seen that error many times?

ReputationRep:
    It seems that TSR could do with some of the computational power of the Tardis! Then these strange happenings would be no longer!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    When is the new app coming out if you don't mind me asking?
    It's due to be released to a few thousand members for testing in September woohoo! we've got it working in the office at the moment, still early days.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by *Doctor Who)
    It seems that TSR could do with some of the computational power of the Tardis! Then these strange happenings would be no longer!
    Plug us in Doctor!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.