Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are girls heavier than boys? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleah1998)
    I was just looking at the Men's Health magazine because it has Conor McGregor on
    Attachment 567940
    I found out that we're the same height and he's only a kg heavier than me but yet he's so muscley. How does that make sense? I'm in no way fat but I'm not extremely skinny either and I thought muscle weighed more than fat? Are girls generally heavier than boys or what? Or is it just because he has no fat on him at all
    His physique isn't that amazing lmao.
    Muscle takes up less space than fat.

Women have a greater % of minimum body fat they need in contrast to men.

(Original post by stefano865)
    Obviously not.

Muscle weighs more than fat. Well known fact.

A man's skeleton also tends to be bigger and heavier.
    :facepalm:

Everyone has different bone densities but that's not something even worth comparing :lol:

well I have Men's Health Sept 16 issue here and it says 65kg in it. Plus I googled his weight class he's featherweight not lightweight sorry, meaning <66kg. So he must have lost weight
    Yeah, right. His not that lean at 77kg which would put him somewhere near high 22.7 ish FFMI score & he doesn't even train for the purpose of building a physique/putting on muscle. In that picture, 100% he dieted down and will most likely be around 65kg to be that lean 8-9 ish body fat.

Anything else to add? @woodymkc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Everyone has different bone densities
    That's true for me atm.

Months out of the gym being a lazy cnut don't mean ****.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna see what he looks like at 65kg, check out a weigh in from a featherweight bout. When he comes in for weigh-ins (for featherweight anyway), he is usually incredibly dehydrated. On fight night he usually comes in far heavier, apparently on the day of the Aldo fight he shot back up to 174lb (78kg) if memory recalls lmao.

He usually walks around at 77kg btw, but google probably has his weight at 77kg cause his last fight was at welterweight, and his next will be too. (Cause he lost and is looking to avenge the loss)

ReputationRep:
    His physique isn't that amazing lmao.
    Muscle takes up less space than fat.

Women have a greater % of minimum body fat they need in contrast to men.

:facepalm:

Everyone has different bone densities but that's not something even worth comparing :lol:

Yeah, right. His not that lean at 77kg which would put him somewhere near high 22.7 ish FFMI score & he doesn't even train for the purpose of building a physique/putting on muscle. In that picture, 100% he dieted down and will most likely be around 65kg to be that lean 8-9 ish body fat.

Anything else to add? @woodymkc

So the average male skeleton is not heavier than the average female skeleton?

ReputationRep:
    Look at what I highlighted in bold and also underlined.

ReputationRep:

That's from the Aldo weigh in at 145lb. He looks half dead.

ReputationRep:
    Look at what I highlighted in bold and also underlined.

You didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)

That's from the Aldo weigh in at 145lb. He looks half dead.
    and how quickly does he put the weight back on? He honestly looks like a skeleton in his face but then he has biceps

ReputationRep:
    and how quickly does he put the weight back on? He honestly looks like a skeleton in his face but then he has biceps
    Literally overnight he'll go from that to the picture you posted first. They weigh in during the afternoon and then fight the following evening.

ReputationRep:
    For the same height, build and dimensions, women are heavier.

ReputationRep:
    There's hardly any difference between the male and female skeletons apart from in the pelvis and a bit in the skull. If me and him are the same height then why would his skeleton weigh more, apart from the said differences in bone density and obviously I can't just go off and measure my bone density

ReputationRep:
    I was just looking at the Men's Health magazine because it has Conor McGregor on
    Attachment 567940
    I found out that we're the same height and he's only a kg heavier than me but yet he's so muscley. How does that make sense? I'm in no way fat but I'm not extremely skinny either and I thought muscle weighed more than fat? Are girls generally heavier than boys or what? Or is it just because he has no fat on him at all
    Are diuretics a banned substance in UFC? Because if it's not, then that could account for the reason. Diuretics allow users to urinate more frequently, thus losing much more water from the body; this is convenient for weigh ins. After the weigh ins, which is likely where you got his mass from, he can hydrate himself with water and gain Kgs in weight for a fight, possibly wondering out of his weight class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Fat. Women have a lot more body fat than men.
    so a skinny girl has more fat on her than a fat guy?

(Original post by Allie4)
    Are you stupid or something?
    Boys are taller than girls. So a tall girl is smaller than a short boy.

(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    For the same height, build and dimensions, women are heavier.
    That doesn't make sense. Dimensions, stats. For the same height, build, stats e.g. Biceps size, leg size, wrist size, ankle size, neck size, fist size, foot size, chest size(??), head size, body fat % etc. they will be the same weight probably.

so if I worked out loads and built up muscle mass would I still be heavier because of my hips and all that?
    Heavier than who, Mike Tyson, I doubt it, (in fact I say impossible without steroids, and even then). You're saying this about a relatively trim guy, so no, generally speaking girls are lighter than guys. Think about it, you don't see girls who are tall, like 5'10" + who are 200lbs + do you (not like fat women obviously, there's loads of them, and men for the record)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That doesn't make sense. Dimensions, stats. For the same height, build, stats e.g. Biceps size, leg size, wrist size, ankle size, neck size, fist size, foot size, chest size(??), head size, body fat % etc. they will be the same weight probably.
    I knew someone would try to overanalyse it.

Jesus, I just meant a man and a woman who roughly look the same size and shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Heavier than who, Mike Tyson, I doubt it, (in fact I say impossible without steroids, and even then). You're saying this about a relatively trim guy, so no, generally speaking girls are lighter than guys. Think about it, you don't see girls who are tall, like 5'10" + who are 200lbs + do you (not like fat women obviously, there's loads of them, and men for the record)?
    Jesus read the thread it was pretty obvious who I was talking about if you had done so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Quite possibly yes. A woman with 30% body fat will still look good, whereas a guy with 25% say, will already start to look fat.

ReputationRep:
    Women naturally carry more fat than men and have a slower metabolism, so if a woman and man ate the same and did the same exercise, then she would be heavier.
    However,
    In any person, muscle weighs more than fat, and this is the larger contributing factor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.