Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Samsung s4 is frozen on my lock screen-HELP? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Take the battery out. That'll switch the phone off. You should then be able to simply reinsert the battery and switch the phone back on. If you still can't get past the lock screen there could be a few different issues. If the phone actually frozen at the lock screen? Can you do anything?

If the above doesn't work, pull the battery to turn the device off. While off hold the volume up, home and power buttons. This boots the phone into recovery mode where you can perform a factory reset by following the onscreen instructions. You should then be able to reset the phone to stock (how you should have received it). If that fails you've really messed something up and will need to provide more details for any more help.
    I have a simmilar problem.

When i took it to my local phone/fixing shop to see what is wrong, the person there said, "you inserted your sim card the wrong way round and probably forced it in causing the inside sim bit to break and make your phone frozen on the lock screen"

When he said that, i was a bit confused, not because i inserted my sim card the wrong way round but the fact that he said that is the reason for my phone being frozen on the lock screen.

Is that possible, when my device never dropped, i only bought my device the other week.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by German123)
    I have a simmilar problem.

When i took it to my local phone/fixing shop to see what is wrong, the person there said, "you inserted your sim card the wrong way round and probably forced it in causing the inside sim bit to break and make your phone frozen on the lock screen"

When he said that, i was a bit confused, not because i inserted my sim card the wrong way round but the fact that he said that is the reason for my phone being frozen on the lock screen.

Is that possible, when my device never dropped, i only bought my device the other week.
    I'm no electronic engineering expert, nor do I have a lot of experience dealing with broken SIM's so I don't really want to say if it is or isn't possible. The technology is so complicated that yes in theory it is possible.

Obviously not having a SIM card inserted won't cause your phone to brick itself on the lock screen but damage is another matter. There's all sorts of things you could have done. The SIM circuit could have been part of something else and by damaging it you've broken something in the circuit. You could be shorting out parts of the SIM circuit.

It's not the only possible explanation, phones are so complicated that any manner of things can cause them to brick at different points. But if there's a connection between you forcing the SIM in the wrong way and the phone breaking then it's fair to say it may have caused it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I only had my phone for 5 days and bought it cheap of a local merchandiser who claimed it was brand new.
    You plonker.

ALWAYS go with reputable retailers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    You plonker.

Why would you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    I'm no electronic engineering expert, nor do I have a lot of experience dealing with broken SIM's so I don't really want to say if it is or isn't possible. The technology is so complicated that yes in theory it is possible.

Obviously not having a SIM card inserted won't cause your phone to brick itself on the lock screen but damage is another matter. There's all sorts of things you could have done. The SIM circuit could have been part of something else and by damaging it you've broken something in the circuit. You could be shorting out parts of the SIM circuit.

It's not the only possible explanation, phones are so complicated that any manner of things can cause them to brick at different points. But if there's a connection between you forcing the SIM in the wrong way and the phone breaking then it's fair to say it may have caused it.
    Ohh ok.

(Original post by Alexion)
    You plonker.

Thanks for the comment, it was not needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Thanks for the comment, it was not needed.
    yw ^-^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.