Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bf said he wants a good wife that doesn't question his decision watch

ReputationRep:
    He's an ********- get rid.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a sound chap.

ReputationRep:
    Get out of it before it's too late. Abusive relationship isn't merely about physical matter, it's mental and emotional too. Ask yourself this: Can you endure 25 to 30 more years feeling like sh*t?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he has got a serious case of the special snowflake

ReputationRep:
    Leave him right now please

ReputationRep:
    Guys like to feel like their the man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _4everfaithful__)
    Opinion/interpretation: Controlling guys are a REAL turn off *rolls eyes*

P.s I don't think you should be asking strangers for relationship advice every relationship is different and there may be issues on both sides.
    A lot of people on here ask for relationship advice. I know i've asked for advice on here about my teenage son before. One of the attractions is that the individual can remain anonymous and another attraction is that because nobody knows either the individual poster or the person the post is about , we are not emotionally involved in that person's life or situation. We can offer our opinions and advice in a completely impartial way. I personally think tsr would be far poorer if it DIDN'T have a relationships / advice section.

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like a Jeremy hunt to be honest, OP
    I'd drop him and get out of there

(Original post by abcde3237)
    how old are you both?
    Im 24 hes 27

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    A lot of people on here ask for relationship advice. I know i've asked for advice on here about my teenage son before. One of the attractions is that the individual can remain anonymous and another attraction is that because nobody knows either the individual poster or the person the post is about , we are not emotionally involved in that person's life or situation. We can offer our opinions and advice in a completely impartial way. I personally think tsr would be far poorer if it DIDN'T have a relationships / advice section.
    Yeh, except if you look at the quality of the advice on offer, it's not exactly encouraging, is it?

Most people seem to have concluded that there is an abusive relationship, and to GTFO on the basis of very little. Most people have just jumped straight into "leave him, he's a **** and you deserve better."

On what basis? There's no evidence at all of an abusive relationship. One person who likes to be in charge and says that sometimes he wouldn't want to be questioned. Well hello Mr. Serial Killer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and bf have been daying for 3 and 1/2years now.
    We recently have an argument and he said to me that he 'sometimes' would like a ofe who doesnt question his decisions. And that he is allowed to question all the wife's decisions and expect the wife to follow his decisions
    I feel that is not right. I said to him what if youre doing something that can harm you. He said then i do it so that you can watch me and not do the same thing.
    What kind of gf would sit and watch her bf making a wrong decision.

Sorry for the long post but any comments on this. This argument really upsets me.
    0_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    I totally understand your point but if it's about a major issue in the relationship or an unresolved argument then I just think it's unsuitable. Something like "My bf cooks badly how do i tell him" is fine

ReputationRep:
    So he doesn't want a wife he wants a mute doll.

Abusive or not (and you have said he is controlling in many other ways), is this the kind of person you want to be with or the kind of person you want to be - scared to voice your own opinion in case he leaves or reacts negatively?? You deserve to be heard. You deserve to make your own decisions - that includes whether to stay with him. But if you're posting on here you know something is wrong

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.