Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Having an extra usergroup on the site slows everything down (apparently) so it does do bad and it is failing to do anything. If it were a party it would have been closed by now.
    I reject that argument, because a) the football fan UGs are still around and I don't think anyone actually uses them; and b) I can't believe that the site's infrastructure is so woefully bad that makes an actual difference.

The reason inactive parties should be shut down is they will inevitably win 1-2 seats which could be held by active ones.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I reject that argument, because a) the football fan UGs are still around and I don't think anyone actually uses them; and b) I can't believe that the site's infrastructure is so woefully bad that makes an actual difference.

The reason inactive parties should be shut down is they will inevitably win 1-2 seats which could be held by active ones.
    The CT have stated that usergroups lead to a global site slowdown and I'm inclined to belive them over you. Supposedly they are MENT to be removing all the inactive usergroups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The CT have stated that usergroups lead to a global site slowdown and I'm inclined to belive them over you. Supposedly they are MENT to be removing all the inactive usergroups
    We have seen on multiple occasions that the CT are either understaffed or incompetent, and I'm pretty confident the ones who are saying this aren't the ones dealing with the technical end of the site.

Furthermore, even if that were the case, the solution is to take the CC's sub off-site, either on to a specially created forum or just Skype.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Don't particularly care anymore.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    We have seen on multiple occasions that the CT are either understaffed or incompetent, and I'm pretty confident the ones who are saying this aren't the ones dealing with the technical end of the site.

Furthermore, even if that were the case, the solution is to take the CC's sub off-site, either on to a specially created forum or just Skype.
    Off-site coms isn't the answer. And I'm not going to bother keeping up thsi debate. The point is that it isn't adding anything. When implemented it was sold as this great thing that will make us more realistic. But that clearly hasn't worked. It is very infrequent and barely adds a thing. Closing it makes sense at this point because it isn't valuable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    The fact of the matter is it almost certainly isn't tjr case, there will be slowdown, but insignificant, your own computer or phone will have a much, much greater effect. This is evidenced by meaningless groups such as the football groups, and the fact they don't remove vacant user groups. In reality, it's more likely a case of pure laziness due to the understaffed/incompetent nature of the people who actually have to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    There's a simple way to solve this issue. The CC doesn't need its own user group. Instead, a private subforum can be created, a bit like the Government one, which the CC reps can be added to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    There's a simple way to solve this issue. The CC doesn't need its own user group. Instead, a private subforum can be created, a bit like the Government one, which the CC reps can be added to.
    Which requires a user group... Yje government sub works by only allowing people in certain user groups in, currently only those in the Tory, Liberal, and probably still NL usergroups

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which requires a user group... Yje government sub works by only allowing people in certain user groups in, currently only those in the Tory, Liberal, and probably still NL usergroups

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indies can be given government sub-access but it would require waiting for the CT all the time and they seem to not know how to do it (MEU)

ReputationRep:
    There is a new crisis in the CC forum, so I urge MPs to refrain from killing the CC before seeing the wonderful, new crisis.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. An additional user group is not needed for the Government subforum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    There is a new crisis in the CC forum, so I urge MPs to refrain from killing the CC before seeing the wonderful, new crisis.
    Hear, hear. And I want people to see my crises first as well (which I will pass onto the CC in due course).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The Crisis Committee has been gives months to write a crisis, waiting for an amendment to be proposed before doing anything is incompetence; please send this to the Division Lobby for a vote at the earliest opportunity.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    The Crisis Committee has been gives months to write a crisis, waiting for an amendment to be proposed before doing anything is incompetence; please send this to the Division Lobby for a vote at the earliest opportunity.
    Worried about what UU said?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Worried about what UU said?
    No, I do not think the chances of this amendment passing have been changed by the announcement of a crisis being discussed.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Is the crisis one of the CC collapsing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This reminds so much of the different blocs they had in the MEU. Needs to be put out of its misery, the sooner the better.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    It's got to a point where even I'm questioning its existence. I'm not an MP so I can't vote anyway, but I'm certainly not going to defend the CC's lack of activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No. An additional user group is not needed for the Government subforum.
    That's because there are Tory and Liberal user groups. To have a private sub-forum you need to define which kinds of members can join it. You do this by creating a user group for those members.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Which we heard last time...and then it never happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.