Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samm98)
    Right, thank you a lot for clearing that up, I appreciate it. Think I will phone up my insurance tomorrow or Monday and let them know I don't wish to study there.
    Thanks again for the advice, I wish I could rep you more than once haha!
    But it will make no difference as you have to update the UCAS TRACK system read the T's and C's or better yet rather than asking a forum call UCAS
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    I tried to I rang UCAS and in order for track to be updated (which is what has to happen) All universities have to "unconfirm" their decisions so it can be changed this does not stop you from re accepting it as your 1st choice.

Call UCAS, if you don't believe me.

Also check if your course is already in clearing as if it is their is a very good chance that you will meet their clearing conditions if you get near the desired grades.
    excpt it would because you would then have lost your offer. And you don't need to update track early. Basically you ring up your uni and say you don't want to go, they then instantly reject you even if you get the offer and enter clearing.

Also a course being in clearing means nothing about how well you have done.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    But it will make no difference as you have to update the UCAS TRACK system read the T's and C's or better yet rather than asking a forum call UCAS
    I suggest that you start reading some of PQ's posts on the topic it would help you out a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    excpt it would because you would then have lost your offer. And you don't need to update track early. Basically you ring up your uni and say you don't want to go, they then instantly reject you even if you get the offer and enter clearing.

Also a course being in clearing means nothing about how well you have done.
    http://university.which.co.uk/advice...y-requirements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, they can lower the requirements in clearing but that doesn't mean a thing about if you are more or less likely to get in. Also your course being in clearing now simply means that right now they expect to have space not that they are going to definately take everyone. It makes no difference, there is an article somewhere telling you that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.