Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am bewildered about whether this is real. Just go out and buy some bras yourself and look up a bra measuring guide on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have beautiful breasts. Not saggy ones as one would expect, TSRians, I promise you.
    Pics or GTFO

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by RDKGames)
    I'm not a girl so I can't exactly relate, but why do you think that you must tell her? Be a bit more independent and go buy those boob holders. It's not that hard. You go into a shop wherever they sell bras, you pick one out that suits you (I'm sure they have changing rooms for these?), you pay the pretty cashier girl the money for it, go home to your bedroom, and put it on. Repeat this process for however bras you need.
    I want to do that but I am worried she will see the bras and ask me where I got them from...which sparks a conversation I never want to have!

(Original post by Bananapeeler)
    I would gradually repossess your moms bras, avoids all of the drama
    I've thought of that, sneakily stealing her bras but they are too big.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I want to do that but I am worried she will see the bras and ask me where I got them from...which sparks a conversation I never want to have!
    Just say you bought them yourself, why would she care? It's normal. She has to do the same damn thing I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like some visual evidence?

Noice bait. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, whats that supposed to mean?
    "I have beautiful breasts. Not saggy ones as one would expect, TSRians, I promise you."

ReputationRep:
    Go to M&S and get measured- I was a bit weird about it at first but it's like 4 mins and your done!!!!

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I am bewildered about whether this is real. Just go out and buy some bras yourself and look up a bra measuring guide on the internet.
    She'll ask me where I got them from...and why I purchased them without her permission.

ReputationRep:
    I've thought of that, sneakily stealing her bras but they are too big.
    Being serious I don't think she's even going to mention it if you buy yourself bras, especially since she seems to have been comfortable with it for the last 5 years. Just keep it low key, wash them yourself and you're gucci

I think you should hint and say my friend was being rude and insulting my breasts and act upset

ReputationRep:
    I think you should hint and say my friend was being rude and insulting my breasts and act upset
    how does that avoid the awkward convo though? probably even more talking since you have to segway to bras

ReputationRep:
    Aw op everyone's being really rude about the topic but I get you . It can be really difficult to do the small things like buy a bra on your own when you haven't had any guidence. I'm lucky enough to have a mum who was first to mention the whole 'you need a bra now' thing. But afterwards I had to do the work I couldn't wear my 28 A bra forever. I'm really shy so I plucked up the courage and told her I needed a new one and now I never feel awkward when talking about it. You may feel awkward at first but it needs to be done. I never told my mum when I started my period bc as I said before I was much too shy. I started really late so I kinda knew what was going on. I just snuck a few pads from her room and got on with it. But the next time my period came my mum didn't have any pads so I used tissue ( big mistake and it seems so silly now). Anyway some of the blood stained tissue fell out on the couch and she knew what was going on. Surprisingly it wasn't as awkward as I imagined. If you really can't pluck up the courage just go to a bra shop andget properly measured and fitted with a bra. If it freaks you out take a friend. (Lol also this remineds me of the lizzy McGuire bra episode). Good lucK!

ReputationRep:
    You've told everyone on the Internet about you bra issues and you can't even ask your mum come on. Are you for real? Just ask your mum, it's not that difficult or awkward and you don't seem like a shy girl since you posted unnecessary details about your issues on here. You seriously need to work on your relationship with your mum. Also your mum already bought you underwear before with out you even asking so surely she'll buy you new ones. Stop being immature and ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This probably sounds really weird but I struggle to talk to mom about things likesex, bras, periods and all this stuff right. So when I need bras I literallydon’t know how to tell her. I feel so incredibly awkward and I end up delayingit until I just never tell her. So she randomly purchased bras for me in year 7and 8. Then I needed new ones for year 9…and I was too afraid to ask so I survived year 9,10 and 11 without a bra. I’ll be starting year 12 and I need a bra. Ido. What do I do? I don’t know how to ask. I don’t know how to buy myself oneeither. Furthermore, this is slightly off topic but I started my menstrualcycle in 2011 October. It is now August 2016 and I still have not told her. Howcan I tell her? It’s so awkward, I don’t know what to do with myself.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have beautiful breasts. Not saggy ones as one would expect, TSRians, I promise you.

woooah, you are way too old to think that talking about bras is awkward... I was expecting to see that you were 12 or something. Remember your mum, along with every other woman in the world (that's 50% of the world population) wears a bra. How is there anything awkward about that? Would you be scared to ask for pants? You should just be like, could I have some money...and then she'll be like sure and give you £30, then be like I need £60, then she'll be like why, then you say Oh just bra shopping. Then just go off and do your thing

ReputationRep:
    She'll ask me where I got them from...and why I purchased them without her permission.
    Sorry, what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Sorry, what?
    Who doesn't get parental consent to buy an essential item of clothing?
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    OP, I know it's awkward but it's something that had to be done. You said it yourself, you need bras. How old are you?

PS I really know the awkwardness. I had to go through it all with no mother and only my daddy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.