Turn on thread page Beta

Is Hip Hop To Blame? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peart)
    Ah.. I think I'll just take your word for it.
    Yeah, that is probably best, especially since it seems that Hip Hop bears no relevance to you and your life, much like politicians who echo comments similar to yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AesopRock)
    Yeah, that is probably best, especially since it seems that Hip Hop bears no relevance to you and your life, much like politicians who echo comments similar to yours.
    That song you linked was awesome. Like so well done... I'm going to have to dig out some old CD's now I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebee)
    That song you linked was awesome. Like so well done... I'm going to have to dig out some old CD's now I think
    glad you liked it

I tried to find streamed hip hop music online and that song was the first one I searched for.

Here is another link for free Hip Hop music:

http://www.reverbnation.com/secondsonhisorchestra

The song "Valley of the Crows" on that link above, is probably one of my favourite hip hop songs of all time. According to iTunes, I've played that song 118 times It gets better the more I listen to it, because I understand the lyrics more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    . . . ur right there. Taskforce . . .Who? anticon ....Who? blackstar ...... Who?imortal technique . . .Who? and KRS One . .. who?
    sorry to break it to you . . .but i've never heard any one of them!!!
    You don't know what you're missing.

ReputationRep:
    I blame metal:

No wait...

I blame Industrial (Killing Joke - The Age of Greed):

You just treat me like a commodity
    You didn't know I couldn't even afford to feed my family
    I just want to kill
    I just want to take a gun
    And put it to your head
    And pull the trigger

No wait. I blame Country (Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues)!

When I was just a baby,
    My Mama told me, "Son,
    Always be a good boy,
    Don't ever play with guns,"
    But I shot a man in Reno,
    Just to watch him die,

When I hear that whistle blowin',
    I hang my head and cry.

People farting around with guns and gang culture are usually discontented working class people who feel society have screwed them over. It just so happens that Hip Hop was born on the streets of New York by young black youths who felt this way.

And people need to realise that the backbone of British serious gang culture has always been the Oasis-listening section of the working class.

ReputationRep:
    thanx invocation

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.