Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

News just in: BBC reveals that Women have legs. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Yeah but there are social norms as to what's appropriate to wear and what's not. A bikini is not.
    In Albania it's more than appropriate:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO-8y39c3ZA

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but there are social norms as to what's appropriate to wear and what's not. A bikini is not.
    I guess so but I don't think there should be. Wear what ever floats your boat

ReputationRep:
    What's funny is both the male and female swimmers would have been showing more of their legs than this, some people just want to complain about something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it is far too short to wear on daytime television. Children watch this.

But this is just my opinion.
    Yes I can see how children realising human beings have upper legs is going to permanently damage their psyches.

Truth be told I don't know what the fuss is, almost every child has seen their own mothers in more revealing outfits (swimsuits and so forth).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Yes I can see how children realising human beings have upper legs is going to permanently damage their psyches.

Truth be told I don't know what the fuss is, almost every child has seen their own mothers in more revealing outfits (swimsuits and so forth).
    Ok I'll agree to disagree with this.

ReputationRep:
    She's in a hot room in a hot country ffs

ReputationRep:
    I thought women having legs was established by Susanna Reid on breakfast tv. Seriously, what a fuss about nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE EPIC Panda)
    Some people have disagreed with the BBC Olympic swimming commentator, Helen Skelton, over her choice of clothing.

Clearly the ultra conservatives are at it again, not pleased if they see even the ankle of a woman on TV. Of cause the men are perfectly fine with wearing what ever they want (**** I sound like a feminist).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...FB_mirror_main
    That is absolutely vile. Showing her legs off i n public like that - and there were children watching. Disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE EPIC Panda)
    Some people have disagreed with the BBC Olympic swimming commentator, Helen Skelton, over her choice of clothing.

Clearly the ultra conservatives are at it again, not pleased if they see even the ankle of a woman on TV. Of cause the men are perfectly fine with wearing what ever they want (**** I sound like a feminist).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...FB_mirror_main
    What's the problem with it? I think she's beautiful and in any case complaining about this doesn't make any sense considering that most swimmers will be showing more leg than this.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is far too short to wear on daytime television. Children watch this.

But this is just my opinion.
    The children were watching women in swimming costumes that revealed their entire legs. The presenter was wearing more than the athletes, yet you complain about the presenter.

Are you saying children should not watch swimming competitions, or do you complain about what other people do on overzealous religious grounds a lot (even though the subject of the complaint does not share your religious beliefs) or do you just lack an ability to think logically?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.