Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people think gay people are always a part of the left or the regressive left? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of right leaning gays about. The really homogenous group are feminists, especially gay ones. I have never met or talked to one that wasn't left wing. In fact a great many of the active ones seem to be Marxist. There may be an odd one or two right wing ones about but generally they are like rocking horse sh1t.
    For a group that claim to believe in diversity they don't seem to believe in diversity of political opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Given that a conservative government legalised same sex marriages, I'm not seeing why there's not more support for the conservatives from the LGBT community

ReputationRep:
    The Consultant Editor of the Daily Mail Andrew Pierce is gay and is very Right Wing, Pro Thatcher and Pro Monarchy. [BTW I love him and his sparring partner Kevin Maguire on Sky News's Press Preview. Always quality TV].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Given that a conservative government legalised same sex marriages, I'm not seeing why there's not more support for the conservatives from the LGBT community
    The majority of conservative MPs who voted voted against gay marriage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    The majority of conservative MPs who voted voted against gay marriage
    I did not realise that just looked it up now and the PM of my constituency (conservative) voted against gay marriage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    I did not realise that just looked it up now and the PM of my constituency (conservative) voted against gay marriage
    My conservative MP voted against it as well lol.

ReputationRep:
    It is just that the "LGTB" community who claim to speak in name of all gays hate traditionalism and conservativism. From this fact comes the miscopetion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.