Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Firstly men's chests are not the same as women's when we see nudity, we get a boner (most heterosexual and bisexual men) and we get a rush of adrenaline and testosterone which forces us to act(not as in acting, we take action) this is not the same for women. To ensure less sexual abuse to women, it is better that they do not go topless. women want equality, then they have to understand the brain of the male and the female. until then, females should not go topless.
    Seeing a woman topless is not an excuse for a man to rape or sexually abuse a woman. A woman going topless shouldn't expect anything except maybe a few quick stares from men at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I am not sure it would work like that, it is more hardwired.
    How so? Toplessness has been the norm in many cultures. I'm prepared to have my mind changed but given all the different attitudes there have been to bare breasts in different times and different places it would seem that culture plays a large part in how much we sexualise breasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Seeing a woman topless is not an excuse for a man to rape or sexually abuse a woman. A woman going topless shouldn't expect anything except maybe a few quick stares from men at most.
    There is not a good excuse for women to go topless except from: " I want a tan" or "the weather is too hot". those are irrelevant points. they should find some way to get around it. why do people want tans anyway, they are ugly nobody likes it,there is the risk of melanoma, skin cancer or skin burn. If the weather is too hot then they should wear a t-shirt, that is not revealing, or tight.

ReputationRep:
    I was recently in New York City and there was crowds of people hanging out in the park. One black woman was topless and no one gave a ****. It was just like "oh ok". I certainly didn't feel turned on like people in this thread have been suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I was recently in New York City and there was crowds of people hanging out in the park. One black woman was topless and no one gave a ****. It was just like "oh ok". I certainly didn't feel turned on like people in this thread have been suggestion.
    It's all about context though? You'd probably feel a bit ashamed of yourself if you did get turned on.
    If you were alone with a beautiful woman in a room and she took her top off, would that not turn you on? Or would you treat this action with the same amount of indifference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kangsterf)
    But it's not a sexual organ at all. A woman's breasts are just lumps of fat with nipples on them, surely not sexual?
    even though the main function of the breast is to provide babies with milk, it should be noted that it has another function, to be to turn on a person.

ReputationRep:
    There is not a good excuse for women to go topless except from: " I want a tan" or "the weather is too hot". those are irrelevant points. they should find some way to get around it. why do people want tans anyway, they are ugly nobody likes it,there is the risk of melanoma, skin cancer or skin burn. If the weather is too hot then they should wear a t-shirt, that is not revealing, or tight.
    Why do people need an excuse?

Yes, women should be allowed to go topless. Booobs are not dirty like bottom parts are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Women get more freedom; I get to see boobs - it's a win-win situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Why do people need an excuse?
    because( as I said in a very recent post) breasts have two function to provide milk to babies and also to turn on a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    It's all about context though? You'd probably feel a bit ashamed of yourself if you did get turned on.
    If you were alone with a beautiful woman in a room and she took her top off, would that not turn you on? Or would you treat this action with the same amount of indifference?
    I'm not sure that is relevant? The thread is precisely about women topless in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Well exactly. Most men likely aren't going to get a raging hard-on when they see a random woman with her breasts out in public. The fact that something can be sexy in context doesn't mean it always has to be sexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Yes, women should be allowed to go topless. Booobs are not dirty like bottom parts are.
    please do look at my previous posts. it does not matter if they are dirty or not.

ReputationRep:
    women can go topless if selling tropical fish in Liverpool
    (in an old bylaw that has yet to be abolished)

ReputationRep:
    You just said something completely irrelevant to what you quoted.

ReputationRep:
    because( as I said in a very recent post) breasts have two function to provide milk to babies and also to turn on a person.
    As above, it's all about context. Are you seriously suggesting that most men could not control themselves at the sight of bare breasts in a public place?

ReputationRep:
    women live with boobs their whole life so its obviously not going to be very important to them if they have it out or not, whereas us, we dont have them, sure we may get to see them but we don't have them forever.

ReputationRep:
    Breasts are secondary sexual characteristics, much like a beard in that respect. They are not innately sexual, and some cultures don't sexualise breasts and women going topless is normal.

Secondly men are not beasts who see a female nipple and suddenly their dicks swell to full erection and they lose all sense of inhibition and must have sex with the female who the nipples belong to. You don't see strippers being attacked by the males attending strip clubs the second they take their bras off. It's insulting to men frankly to suggest all men are essentially rapists who can't control themselves because of breasts.

Thirdly it is their body so it should be their choice. Men can choose if they want to walk around topless, now I may not like seeing topless men but it is their choice, so it is only reasonable and fair to allow women that same control over their bodies.

ReputationRep:
    No, if anything women should be forced to cover up more and wear less revealing clothes so that I don't get distracted by them.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly men's chests are not the same as women's when we see nudity, we get a boner (most heterosexual and bisexual men) and we get a rush of adrenaline and testosterone which forces us to act(not as in acting, we take action) this is not the same for women. To ensure less sexual abuse to women, it is better that they do not go topless. women want equality, then they have to understand the brain of the male and the female. until then, females should not go topless.
    I think you may be among a minority there sweetheart. A lack of behavioural inhibition and impulse control is indicative of some neuro-cognitive deficits. How's the old pre-frontal cortex treating you as of late?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.