Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeiou81)
    Oh z is substituted for everything nowadays. There are people at my school who call themselves 'Laz' (Lara) or 'Caz' (Caroline), and I woudn't be surprised if we all startz substitutz itz forz everythz.
    wotz? you bloody foolz :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What up Clubz Laz?

ReputationRep:
    Peartz , wazzzzzzzzzzzzup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeiou81)
    Oh z is substituted for everything nowadays. There are people at my school who call themselves 'Laz' (Lara) or 'Caz' (Caroline), and I woudn't be surprised if we all startz substitutz itz forz everythz.
    Lol. It's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    why on earth are people being so over-sensitive. I could understand if you were English teachers from the 1920s back in the day of the cane but come on. Internet slang is used to save time its common sense. When you've had a long days work the last thing you want to be doind is spending more time than necessary communicating your views.

if you dont understand spend time researching so that you do. Geeze its the 21st century people you should know soz = sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IguessIwin)
    why on earth are people being so over-sensitive. I could understand if you were English teachers from the 1920s back in the day of the cane but come on. Internet slang is used to save time its common sense. When you've had a long days work the last thing you want to be doind is spending more time than necessary communicating your views.

if you dont understand spend time researching so that you do. Geeze its the 21st century people you should know soz = sorry
    I can understand why someone would prefer to write USA instead of the United States of America. What I don't understand is whats so difficult about writing sorry? If you are too lazy and you want to shorten it, write sory, not 'soz'.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely shorten words but i dont bother with punctuation unless its a fairly long post :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Who cares, let people type any way they want. Just as you have the right to whine about it

ReputationRep:
    i'm currently boycotting capital letters.

ReputationRep:
    Because we're not sitting our English literature exam!!!! (thank God)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    i'm currently boycotting capital letters.
    Is there any particular reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1984-)
    Is there any particular reason?
    not really i just fail to see the point in them.

sometimes i'll use them for names but beginning of sentence is totally unnecessary i've decided.

ReputationRep:
    The intellectual people would have better things to do than to get their grammar and spelling right on an internet forum. And people trying to moan about bad grammar/spelling are trying to compensate for the lack of brain cells to contribute anything valuable to the forum; specifically to D&D and GD threads.

ReputationRep:
    *picks his nose, sniffs then consumes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    not really i just fail to see the point in them.

sometimes i'll use them for names but beginning of sentence is totally unnecessary i've decided.
    As long as you use full stops, it's fine I guess. I cannot stand those who do not use full stops and etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -hybrid-)
    *picks his nose, sniffs then consumes*
    Hmm...tasty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1984-)
    Hmm...tasty?
    Yea the big one was, you have to leave it for a few days to achieve that one see, I reckon I should write a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnico)
    I am embarrassed to read posts by people already at or due to attend top universities eg. Oxford and Cambridge who use childish slang, lazy abbreviation and generally act like very dizzy people. What's the point in being an 'A' student if you don't act like one?
    to get a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh_of_sssmallnessss)
    Because we're not sitting our English literature exam!!!! (thank God)
    How cynical.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you have to be very very particular while posting on forums. We can use some ugly **** language but then we have to take care of human values otherwise its fine.

(Original post by Picnico)
    I am embarrassed to read posts by people already at or due to attend top universities eg. Oxford and Cambridge who use childish slang, lazy abbreviation and generally act like very dizzy people. What's the point in being an 'A' student if you don't act like one?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.